HELP - STILL AWAITING RESPONSE FROM DVLA AFTER 8 WEEKS

Convicted Driver Insurance

Hoodster

Im classed as a HRO and need to take a medical. My ban is due to end on 20th May, the DVLA sent my D1 pack out in late FEB which i promptly returned however ive had no correspondance from them since. Ive emailed them a couple of times and they just say my application is being processed. I had a 6 week period of total abstinance in march thinking the medical would have taken place around that time but nothing. Only drinking mildly at weekends at the minute. Im due to go to Benidorm on 6th June im now worried that the medical wont happen before then. Any advice would be great.

I would ring the HRO helpline on: 0300 790 6806 and ask them for a timescale. Unless there is something complicated about your previous history of offending or drink problems already known to them, it should not have taken this long.
If you were convicted before 1st June 2013, which I presume is the case, you can ask them for authority to drive under S88 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 pending the outcome of the medical process, although I appreciate that you are probable thinking of Benidorm and not wanting to be sticking to 21-28 units per week while you are there.....!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off