Help - reading of 105 and crashed into cars

Convicted Driver Insurance

Livinghell

On Thursday night I needed to get something from the shops and stupidly drove after having some wine. I drove there fine and when I left I reversed out of the car parking space and a car nipped round me so I swerved as I thought they were going to hit me. I was then in an awkward position and reversed into a lamp post. I was a bit shocked and carried on down the road and my foot slipped on the pedal. I managed to bang into two cars. By this time local residents had come out at the noise and I sat in my car as it had demobilised itself. The local rang the police and sat with me before the police arrived. I was breathalysed on site and my reading was 105. When I get to the station the machine would not take a reading so they did a blood test about 9pm. It was not an hour after I was breathalyser and they seemed very keen to get it done. I was locked up. About 2am they came in to breathalyse me and my reading was down to 45. They said I had to stay all night to be interviewed at 8am, I was not interviewed until 1.30pm. The duty solicitor told me to say no comment to everything which I did. But now I wish I had not.

My husband has asked to move out. I only started a new job 5 weeks ago and I have to drive for my job. I had been off work for a year with anxiety and depression and had been out under pressure to go back to work and I knew I was not ready too. all this week I have been a mess again, stressed, not sleeping and generally feeling overwhelmed due to my husband being an idiot at home. So on Thursday night Inhad a few glasses of wine. My family are staggered as they say I did not smell of wine before I went out. My husband is saying I sat in the car and drank wine from the shop, which I did not.

I feel utterly devastated and am now panicking about my job and money as I have no savings and my husband has emptied our account.

My questions are - has anyone been sent to prison? Does smacking into cars make it likely.
When do I phone the insurers as my blood tests will not be back for 6 weeks?
Have people been able to get new jobs while banned and if so what were they, as there is no way I can carry on doing what I am doing.
I am really struggling and the enormity of what has happened is hitting me. I don’t want to loose my kids as this is the rock bottom along with a series of mental health issues I’ve had. I’ve been all over the show and this has affected the kids.

Help and advice needed.

If this is your first offence you will find yourself in the second highest sentencing bracket with a breath reading of 105ug. You will know your blood reading once the results come back but if they were taken within an hour of a 105ug breath reading you can expect your bloods to be in the 207-275ml range, this carries a ban of 23-28 months with a low-high community order. This reading coupled with it being a first offence does not carry the risk of a custodial sentence.

You must declare your crash to your insurance company as soon as possible, it should have been reported when you were released from custody. You will have to tell your insurance company that you blew over the limit as they will find out anyway from the police report from the incident. I was in your position, I blew 93 and smashed into a bus stop and some parked cars and done a no comment interview without any solicitor present. The way I seen it there was no point incriminating myself any further so I went for a no comment interview. It was never even mentioned at sentencing.

As for jobs, it affects many jobs in different ways. Almost all jobs require you to declare a criminal conviction or on going criminal proceedings. It is usually laid out in the code of conduct section of the materials you would have been given for your contract.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off