HELP Please... 'Medical Evidence'...

Convicted Driver Insurance

cawocd

Hi, I wasn't caught drink/drug driving, but I had a drug substance problem (ketamine).

I informed my employer as the situation was quite bad & I didn't know where to turn for help. My work referred me to occupational health who then told me I needed to inform the DVLA as it was a 'medical condition'. I did this, & the DVLA then said I needed to have 12 months substance free before I could reapply. This was 30.4.2019.

It's now 8 weeks before 30.4.20 & I can re-apply as per the DVLA. I've bee seeing my GP every 2-3 weeks & engaging with counselling & on medication to help me deal with the depression that was causing the drugs misuse. The forms arrived from the DVLA to re-apply & there was a letter that stated that in my application I must provide 'medical evidence'. I phoned the DVLA about this & asked what 'medical evidence' was exactly & they said the GP will supply it, but it's usually in the form of a letter from the Dr supporting my re-application. Nobody can really give me any black & white answers! Went into my GP to request the letter, they refused stating 'We don't write letters of support, we just supply the DVLA with the medical notes'. All my notes say is that I've been on medication, engaged in counselling & making 'good progress'. To me, this doesn't sound enough, anyone help with this? Is there anything else I can do? I asked my GP about doing a urine sample (is a urine sample enough?) & he said they don't do it at their practice... I asked him where I can do it, he said 'the DVLA will tell you a list of accepted places you can get the test done'. So, I phone the DVLA AGAIN, they say, 'it's only needed if your GP feels it's needed, if we don't accept your application, then we will ask for you to come into a DVLA screening'. Seriously feels like im going round & round in circles & nobody can tell me exactly what I need to do to get this done correctly at the 1st attempt!

I don't want to re-apply, then it get refused as I've not supplied enough 'medical evidence'.

Thanks

Send all the forms in and document what you have been undertaking in the last year and you have been clean for 12 months. They will write to your GP who will then supply the information on a questionnaire form provided by the DVLA. You can always have a private test done as some on here have undertaken

Any idea of where I can get a private test done?

My GP said to phone the DV
Send all the forms in and document what you have been undertaking in the last year and you have been clean for 12 months. They will write to your GP who will then supply the information on a questionnaire form provided by the DVLA. You can always have a private test done as some on here have undertaken

This isn't what the DVLA are saying though. They're saying that I have to supply 'medical evidence' in with my application, M1, D1 & DG1. I thought the process was what you said, I send in the forms then they write to my GP & give them forms to fill out. They're saying that if I don't send in 'medical evidence' with my forms then it'll be refused outright, they won't even contact my GP with the forms for them to fill out.

Any idea of where to get a private test done? I've asked my GP & they said the DVLA will give you a list of accepted places, I phoned the DVLA & they said any 'registered GP' will do it. My GP's doesn't do it. Honestly feel like smashing my head against a brick wall.

Also, guessing this is a urine test? Similar to this -> https://www.amazon.co.uk/Drug-Testi...d-search-10&pf_rd_t=BROWSE&pf_rd_i=2826276031

I am in the process of applying but have been classed as misuse for drink not drugs, Maybe worth speaking the the surgery practice manager like i did, Some of the other guys will reply on this later today and they have far more knowledge about this than i do

You will have to plead with your GP that you need support in getting your application off to DVLA, a confirmed letter from your GP(usually costing between 15/30 pounds) stating that you are and maintain abstinence from drugs will get the ball rolling, in any case before applying for your D1 you must be seen by your GP to confirm that you are medically fit to drive, on receiving your application DVLA will start investigations by writing out to your GP with the necessary medical evidence forms for him/her to complete, when you mention medical evidence for 12 months for drugs, (obviously it's different with drink) but more than likely you will need to show 4 drug pis screenings spread over the year, so that your GP can support you during the past year, without these DVLA are likely to refuse, speak to your GP now,they are obliged to help......don't forget your confirmation letter from your GP and send with your D1 then DVLA will accept this to start the medical process,hold tight cause your in for a long hard ride,,,,,,don't be fobbed off by your GP they can and will help, be persistent with them if you want your licence back,,,,keep us posted

Hi, I wasn't caught drink/drug driving, but I had a drug substance problem (ketamine).

I informed my employer as the situation was quite bad & I didn't know where to turn for help. My work referred me to occupational health who then told me I needed to inform the DVLA as it was a 'medical condition'. I did this, & the DVLA then said I needed to have 12 months substance free before I could reapply. This was 30.4.2019.

It's now 8 weeks before 30.4.20 & I can re-apply as per the DVLA. I've bee seeing my GP every 2-3 weeks & engaging with counselling & on medication to help me deal with the depression that was causing the drugs misuse. The forms arrived from the DVLA to re-apply & there was a letter that stated that in my application I must provide 'medical evidence'. I phoned the DVLA about this & asked what 'medical evidence' was exactly & they said the GP will supply it, but it's usually in the form of a letter from the Dr supporting my re-application. Nobody can really give me any black & white answers! Went into my GP to request the letter, they refused stating 'We don't write letters of support, we just supply the DVLA with the medical notes'. All my notes say is that I've been on medication, engaged in counselling & making 'good progress'. To me, this doesn't sound enough, anyone help with this? Is there anything else I can do? I asked my GP about doing a urine sample (is a urine sample enough?) & he said they don't do it at their practice... I asked him where I can do it, he said 'the DVLA will tell you a list of accepted places you can get the test done'. So, I phone the DVLA AGAIN, they say, 'it's only needed if your GP feels it's needed, if we don't accept your application, then we will ask for you to come into a DVLA screening'. Seriously feels like im going round & round in circles & nobody can tell me exactly what I need to do to get this done correctly at the 1st attempt!

I don't want to re-apply, then it get refused as I've not supplied enough 'medical evidence'.

Thanks
Even if your licence was refused on the first attempt you can always send a GPs letter of confirmation via "the further medical evidence route" where they will always review your case wether it's negative or positive,

You will have to plead with your GP that you need support in getting your application off to DVLA, a confirmed letter from your GP(usually costing between 15/30 pounds) stating that you are and maintain abstinence from drugs will get the ball rolling, in any case before applying for your D1 you must be seen by your GP to confirm that you are medically fit to drive, on receiving your application DVLA will start investigations by writing out to your GP with the necessary medical evidence forms for him/her to complete, when you mention medical evidence for 12 months for drugs, (obviously it's different with drink) but more than likely you will need to show 4 drug pis screenings spread over the year, so that your GP can support you during the past year, without these DVLA are likely to refuse, speak to your GP now,they are obliged to help......don't forget your confirmation letter from your GP and send with your D1 then DVLA will accept this to start the medical process,hold tight cause your in for a long hard ride,,,,,,don't be fobbed off by your GP they can and will help, be persistent with them if you want your licence back,,,,keep us posted

I feel really let down by my GP here. I have been seeing him every 2 weeks since 30.4.20 & only once has he sent me for a blood test, which was to check my ‘body functions’, that was in July 2019. Not once has he or the DVLA ever mentioned any drug screenings! I wish I’d researched this forum earlier. I’m so worried. If I don’t get my licence back on this 1st attempt I won’t have a job to go back to. Is it worth getting a solicitor involved?

If your GP is testing you through blood then demand another, (for drink it's LFTs) I know I say 4 and that is the norm DVLA expect that but when it comes to the medical evidence bit your GP and DVLA will only use the last one or most recent test so get one now which will show your clear,however when DVLA start investigations these can be hellish long my personal experience was 14 months long before a temporary licence was issued for 1 year so get tested now you have plenty of time and DVLA will send you usually for more than one medical ( I had 3), with regards to a solicitor don't waste your money in court without medical evidence you won't stand a chance, and to be fair to your GP they won't have a clue what's going on if you read your letter it will state that your GP " may not be aware of this decision and you need to show them this letter" I was refused too but later went down the "further medical eveidence route (read your letter thoroughly)
Where it's like an appeal but if you have fresh evidence for your case then DVLA will accept it going forward, but 100% you need your GP on your side to confirm all that you are saying is correct and that you are drug free, they also could test you for drink as well if there has been any alcohol issues documented with your GP then you could be looking at misuse or dependence, DVLA are very strict at their medical process and you've got to be whiter than white to satisfy them, you mention solicitor I think my friend by the time you get through this you could probably qualify as one lol.......

If your GP is testing you through blood then demand another, (for drink it's LFTs) I know I say 4 and that is the norm DVLA expect that but when it comes to the medical evidence bit your GP and DVLA will only use the last one or most recent test so get one now which will show your clear,however when DVLA start investigations these can be hellish long my personal experience was 14 months long before a temporary licence was issued for 1 year so get tested now you have plenty of time and DVLA will send you usually for more than one medical ( I had 3), with regards to a solicitor don't waste your money in court without medical evidence you won't stand a chance, and to be fair to your GP they won't have a clue what's going on if you read your letter it will state that your GP " may not be aware of this decision and you need to show them this letter" I was refused too but later went down the "further medical eveidence route (read your letter thoroughly)
Where it's like an appeal but if you have fresh evidence for your case then DVLA will accept it going forward, but 100% you need your GP on your side to confirm all that you are saying is correct and that you are drug free, they also could test you for drink as well if there has been any alcohol issues documented with your GP then you could be looking at misuse or dependence, DVLA are very strict at their medical process and you've got to be whiter than white to satisfy them, you mention solicitor I think my friend by the time you get through this you could probably qualify as one lol.......

Basically I don’t have 14 months in terms of saving my job. My employer has give me until 30.4.20 to get my licence back or it’s ‘bye bye’!

Why wasn’t my GP sending me for these tests from the moment I walked through his door a year ago? I been seeing him every 2-3 weeks since & not once has he mentioned a drug screening. Absolute fxxxxxx shambles!

I tried to do the right thing in informing my employer of this problem, then in turn informing the DVLA of my ‘medical condition’, I put my trust/career in the hands of my GP & now I’m going to end up losing my career it seems due to lack of ‘medical evidence’. Makes me wonder why bother being honest in the start?!?!

Can I ask you what your issue was? Alcohol?

Yes was classed as misuse/dependence for telling a GP I drank 30 units of alcohol per week, was then revoked for a year investigated for anxiety and mirtazapine and had to supply all medical eveidence to get my licence back, liver function was raised at 170 showing abnormal blood markers, took 3 months of abstination to return to normal, I gave up the bottle then and continue to do so, feel a lot better for it......

Yes was classed as misuse/dependence for telling a GP I drank 30 units of alcohol per week, was then revoked for a year investigated for anxiety and mirtazapine and had to supply all medical eveidence to get my licence back, liver function was raised at 170 showing abnormal blood markers, took 3 months of abstination to return to normal, I gave up the bottle then and continue to do so, feel a lot better for it......

My father in law I think is going through similar.

He hit 65 & has angina. He said on a form he gets dizzy spells (this is from angina), but he also had on his GP record that he was drinking too much.

The DVLA said he was alcohol dependant & related his dizzy spells to alcohol. He was going to his GP for 5 months before he started getting blood tests that he had to really push for.

I just don’t understand how there cannot be a black & white guideline in place on what you got to do exactly to get your licence back on time. Beyond frustrating!

You'll have a good idea then from your father in law of what it takes to get it back, it can be a long road but worth it in the end , keep us posted of your progress (y)

I’m honestly thinking of going down the ‘medical negligence’ route if it gets refused. I’ve done everything my GP has suggested to me in this 12 months & I expect him to be making sure I get it back at 1st attempt.

The DVLA government therselves you cannot challenge there solicitors unless you got seriously deep pockets

Been there was angry ! Get over it £

A licence isn't a privelage it's a licence to say your healthy

I’m not upset with the DVLA, upset with my GP. My GP should of been telling me to take 3 monthly drug screens as I was under his care & guidance. This is on him, not the DVLA

Yer join the pissed of not informed Que
the dvla won't make things clear it's pretty much up to your GP whom doesn't have a Scooby fkn doo
I started a thread a while ago demanding GP are information regarding licences
This was through local GP , but am guessing once your a prisoner your fuked
Someone maid it easy to Xplain it's like the Shawshank redemption

Reactions: Col
It looks like at there last meeting minutes, they going to look into more info supplid

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off