Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Help needed about insurance

So today was my hearing and my first time in court.

The whole experience wasn’t as bad as I expected and I was pleased I chose to have a solicitor represent me as I was unsure of protocol and he was able to put over the best mitigation possible to my guilty plea.

With this being my first offence, cooperated with police, showed remorse and entered a guilty plea ASAP, I was given a £580 fine and a 19 month driving ban with a reduction of 19 weeks after completing the rehabilitation course; I think this was very fair bearing in mind there was a minor accident.

Secondly. As i’m now banned I need to notify my insurance who i’d expect will revoke my policy BUT with my car being hire purchase it HAS to be insured - what are my options?
You will need to notify your insurance as you indicate. There are no other alternatives open to you unfortunately. You can discuss options with your insurer regarding cover moving forward as your vehicle will need to have insurance in any event. Unless your vehicle is declared SORN you always need to have a policy of insurance in place. It is dependent on the wording of the policy but the policy would not necessarily be invalidated moving forward as a result of the conviction. The policy certainly would be invalidated in the event that you drive whilst disqualified given that the result of the ban means that you do not currently hold a valid licence which will be a condition of you 'using' or driving the vehicle under the terms of the policy but not necessarily 'keeping' the vehicle. It is a matter you will need to discuss directly with your insurer.
Buy CDT Test