Help filling out DG1 form

Convicted Driver Insurance

Dvlanal

Licence issued today only took 5 days from the key worker dvla post code and no medical for a dg10 conviction. Lesson learned the hard way.

@neebob200
Hi, congrats on getting your licence back. I hope you may know the process well for DG10 - I am trying to find out what happens after you send back DG1 form, if you are being prescribed diazepam and oramorph (albeit low dose and only short term for stomach ulcer pain tratment). Will this definitely trigger the need for a medical? And does the medical involve blood test and urine sample? TIA ne1...

Hi, congrats on getting your licence back. I hope you may know the process well for DG10 - I am trying to find out what happens after you send back DG1 form, if you are being prescribed diazepam and oramorph (albeit low dose and only short term for stomach ulcer pain tratment). Will this definitely trigger the need for a medical? And does the medical involve blood test and urine sample? TIA ne1...
Sent that to wrong box, was aimed at neebob200, or anyone that can help me plźzzz

@neebob200
Hi buddy I've no idea about a dg1 form,my conviction was for a dg10 drug driving I think you have your wireless crossed .thanks

Hi buddy I've no idea about a dg1 form,my conviction was for a dg10 drug driving I think you have your wireless crossed .thanks
Mine was DG10 too (very bad luck (or behaviour) was twice in short space of time - hence the 3 years), dg1 is the form I've received after sending in a D1 to apply for licence back as 3 year ban finished but they had revoked my licence. They cashed my cheque so thought I had it in the bag, but now got this dg1 asking about medications and permission to contact my GP - which is not a problem, nothing dodgy on my medical record- apart from Mirtazapine 15mg at night, plus recent treatment for a duodenal ulcer was prescribed diazepam 2mg a day when needed, and oramorph low dose when required. I don't need any of it now and will get it stopped asap. My query is, what is the procedure when I declare I have been recently prescribed this stuff? Will this trigger the requirement to go for medical, or is that inevitable anyway? Thank you all for your advice...

Weird thing is I sent a cheque for £65 and they've cashed it - if you're a hro the fee is higher but they haven't asked for the difference, just this dg1 form that feels like a booby trap. I'm t total but worried they're gonna drive me to drink through the stress of all this :-(

There is no such thing as HRO for drugs driving. It is being considered for a second offence but this has not been implemented yet so £65 is the correct fee.

Ok thank you for clarifying that, I spent hours researching and was hoping if I didn't fall into the hro category I wouldn't be put through all the drama to get my licence back. I didn't receive the form from dvla when my ban was nearly over, so sent D1 form - they've taken my payment but sent me a DG1 form asking if I've taken any drugs in last 3 years, which includes some medications (diazepam and morphine) which I was prescribed recently. My query is that once I declare this medication will they then definitely send me for medical, or is that inevitable for me as I had 2 convictions for drug driving? From what I understood from other posts on here they usually send letter to tell you to arrange medical after they receive your application. Why would they take my payment if they're gonna demand medical without knowing the outcome??

If you have been prescribed any medication by your GP then DVLA will write out to your GP with a M1 form for them to complete regarding your medical `conditions, you can also expect a DVLA medical while taking diazepam, this medication is also associated with alcohol withdrawals and DVLA will want clarification what you are prescribed diazepam for and that your medically fit to drive......

Thanks, it was actually prescribed for treatment of stomach cramps but only 2mg, and no longer taking them. Have resigned myself to going to medical, but no reason I should fail it anyway...

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off