Help drink driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

Steven2016

Hi done the most stupid thing in my life!! Was drinking some beers with friends and went home and into my car for the my phone charger and went to check if my car battery was flat it has been playing up going flat most days so I decided to bump start it and took it up the hill I had my phone sitting on the chair with me and it dropped in the floor so I reached down to pick it up and ended up crashing into a parked car was doing 15mph and my car ended up tipping on its roof I got out of the car had a little cut on my leg and waited for the police to come got tooking to hospital to get checked over was in there for couple hours they wouldn't give me anything to drink was really really thirsty when I got checked by a doctor they said I was ok so was took to the police station and blew on there machine which read 74 then 75 was charged with drink-driving never done anything like this on my life now am sick worried am out on bail to appear at court. I am from Scotland really need my license for medical reasons I suffer from chronic cluster headaches what would be the outcome of this? Thanks

Hi done the most stupid thing in my life!! Was drinking some beers with friends and went home and into my car for the my phone charger and went to check if my car battery was flat it has been playing up going flat most days so I decided to bump start it and took it up the hill I had my phone sitting on the chair with me and it dropped in the floor so I reached down to pick it up and ended up crashing into a parked car was doing 15mph and my car ended up tipping on its roof I got out of the car had a little cut on my leg and waited for the police to come got tooking to hospital to get checked over was in there for couple hours they wouldn't give me anything to drink was really really thirsty when I got checked by a doctor they said I was ok so was took to the police station and blew on there machine which read 74 then 75 was charged with drink-driving never done anything like this on my life now am sick worried am out on bail to appear at court. I am from Scotland really need my license for medical reasons I suffer from chronic cluster headaches what would be the outcome of this? Thanks

Steven,

Thank you for your enquiry.

You will have been released on what is called an Undertaking to Appear, agreeing to attend the relevant Sheriff Court at the alloted time and date. When you arrive, you will be provided with a copy complaint, which is the document that sets out the charge or charges against you. You will then be required when the case calls to state your plea: guilty or not guilty.

Standing your description of what took place, it may be that the Crown will charge you not only with drink driving but also with either careless or dangerous driving. The circumstances here are an aggravation of the drink driving offence and may pose a risk to your liberty were you to plead or be found guilty. I would strongly suggest that you engage legal representation in this case.

Kind regards,

Michael Lyon

Hi thanks for the info :) do you know what length of ban I would be looking at? If I was to go into the police station would they be able to tell me if I was charged with careless or dangerous driving because they didn't say I was just over the limit

Steven,

The police will not be in a position to give you any additional information; it is for the Procurator Fiscal to decide what you are to be prosecuted for and you will find that out upon your attendance at court.

There can be no accurate assessment of what length of disqualification may be imposed. It is dependent on a number of factors, including any allegation of careless or dangerous driving, hence why it is important to be legally represented in this case.

Regards,

Michael Lyon

Since it only says on the undertaken s5 RTA 1988 it's just the drink-driving I have been charged with thanks

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off