help..dreaded cdt test

Convicted Driver Insurance

Gsl83

hi guys I have previously posted on here but I didn't take the test at that time four year ban is up, I was supposed to have my test in august but went on a two week bender on holiday delayed it, after the 2 week bender where I was polishing off a 70cl vodka a day I stopped for approx. 12 days befor having a medicheks test, it came back with a 0.6<1.6 range which I was pleased about as I still had 3 weeks ish to go till actual test, afew days later I found out my friends mum was killed, it was a sunday and I drang very heavy for a full week again approx. a bottle a a day from 4pm till 8pm, stopped on the following sunday..11 days before real test... I know ive been a fool and im bricking it, any I guess I am doomed now? will it be 6 months or a year before DVLA allow me to retake?
thank you in advance

CDT isn't an exact science, everyone's liver is different and you have already found yours has recovered quickly. However, it is fair to say that an average person would probably at least have the DVLA make further enquiries with your GP (2.2 - 2.9) if not outright fail (3.0+) the test.

You probably don't need to be told that your pattern of drinking is what the CDT test is designed to flag.

If the DVLA decide to refuse a licence they will contact you to let you know when you can reapply. Normally this will be one of two options. If they believe you are misusing alcohol you can reapply for your licence after six months of non-problematic drinking. If they believe you are dependent on alcohol they will invite you to apply after one year of complete abstinence.

In that context misusing and dependent are the medical definitions.

The reason why they are looking at it this way is because they think if your drinking is out of control you are likely to drink even when you know you may have to drive. The risk of failure now is not only that you won't get your licence, but that you will have a tougher test in the future. Not to sound preachy, but best to go in eyes open.

8x7f49.png

Thank you for replying, I know my drinking was stupid but to update I took my test, i hadn’t checked on line until it had been two weeks but I was issued with licence after 10 days of my test

CDT isn't an exact science, everyone's liver is different and you have already found yours has recovered quickly. However, it is fair to say that an average person would probably at least have the DVLA make further enquiries with your GP (2.2 - 2.9) if not outright fail (3.0+) the test.

You probably don't need to be told that your pattern of drinking is what the CDT test is designed to flag.

If the DVLA decide to refuse a licence they will contact you to let you know when you can reapply. Normally this will be one of two options. If they believe you are misusing alcohol you can reapply for your licence after six months of non-problematic drinking. If they believe you are dependent on alcohol they will invite you to apply after one year of complete abstinence.

In that context misusing and dependent are the medical definitions.

The reason why they are looking at it this way is because they think if your drinking is out of control you are likely to drink even when you know you may have to drive. The risk of failure now is not only that you won't get your licence, but that you will have a tougher test in the future. Not to sound preachy, but best to go in eyes open.

8x7f49.png
Hi Tipsy Nurse

Is this a section of the Questionaire that is used at the medical? If so can you post a link to the full questionaire? Thanks

I don't know if the doctor's questionnaire has been publiclished, I expect not. Either way it is essentially a list of yes/no questions, then the doctor is meant to explore any concerns and write a general impression.

The definition above is the medical definition of alcohol dependence and abuse. They are important because they are the exact terms the DVLA uses where they will never give a licence. Essentially the doctor will be assessing you for both, and then the DVLA will see if the CDT test is consistent with your answers.

I don't know if the doctor's questionnaire has been publiclished, I expect not. Either way it is essentially a list of yes/no questions, then the doctor is meant to explore any concerns and write a general impression.

The definition above is the medical definition of alcohol dependence and abuse. They are important because they are the exact terms the DVLA uses where they will never give a licence. Essentially the doctor will be assessing you for both, and then the DVLA will see if the CDT test is consistent with your answers.

Okay. Thank you.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off