Help...... despair with cdt

Convicted Driver Insurance

JGN

After a long and weary near 1 1/2 year ban after a course admin error excluded me from reducing my official 15 months to 12 and a dvla administration delay adding another 3 months ?

I am now in limbo .......

All for a first offence of refusing a blood test after a breath test at. Oath the roadside and in the cop shop.....,,,

Licence refused after medical

Cdt 3.9 %

Zero alcohol consumed for 5 of the previous 8 months and social moderate consumption for the other scattered 3 month period

No idea how to get out of this trap...

Don't know whether to appeal or find alternative long term mode of transport

?????

I dont understand why it would be that high, as from what I understand through medical authorities on the subject of CDT you would need to be drinking at least 5 beers or 1 bottle of wine or a third of bottle spirit a day to have a cdt level at 3% up, I have copied and pasted the following from a published paper.

3) Level of alcohol consumption necessary and over what period to increase the CDT level to 3.0%. Typically the level of alcohol intake required to produce a CDT result of 3.0% is 100-150 g alcohol/day. This equates to about 5 pints of beer, a bottle of wine or one third of a bottle of spirits daily. As stated earlier the half-life of transferrin in blood is 7 - 14 days so excess intake would need to fall within this time period. It is important at this stage to add the caveat that the relationship between amount of alcohol consumed and percent CDT is not as reliable in pre-menopausal women compared to men or post-menopausal women. It is believed that this is due to the changes in hormones in the blood during the menstrual cycle or present in oral contraceptives affecting the enzymes involved in regulating the carbohydrate sidechains. There is very little information regarding CDT and HRT (hormone replacement therapy). Total transferrin concentrations increase throughout pregnancy reflecting the increased requirement for iron of the developing foetus. Although earlier studies expressing CDT in absolute values demonstrated an increase in CDT in the third trimester there is no evidence that pregnancy itself causes an increase in CDT values when expressed as a percentage of total transferrin.

4) Can CDT levels be increased by intermittent drinking? Intermittent or “binge” drinking can increase CDT levels. The extent to which this occurs is dependent on the frequency of “binges” and the amount of alcohol consumed on each occasion. Someone drinking 200-300 g alcohol two days a week, but abstaining on the other days, could have a CDT level of 1.5-3%. Conversely, someone who only has one “binge” in a 14 day period and does not consume alcohol for the rest of the time period is unlikely to have a raised CDT, as the normal transferrin produced on the other 13 days would ‘dilute’ the CDT produced on the day of drinking.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off