HELP!! 121mg

Convicted Driver Insurance

Stephen2345

Hi, my partner is currently awaiting a social work report before attending her deferred sentence later this month. She has pleaded guilty to driving while over the limit. I am just wondering what the likely outcome may be as she is a first time offender and had a clean driving license.

Hi, my partner is currently awaiting a social work report before attending her deferred sentence later this month. She has pleaded guilty to driving while over the limit. I am just wondering what the likely outcome may be as she is a first time offender and had a clean driving license.

Dear Stephen,

This is a particularly high reading (approximately 6 times the limit). We recommend that your partner contacts our office on 0141 550 1074 to discuss matters in more detail. We also suggest that your partner cooperates fully in the preparation of the Criminal Justice Social Work Report.

Please find below the range of penalties for drink-driving offences.

We trust that this information is useful and we await your partner's call.

Drink Driving Penalties
OffenceRange of Sentences
Being in charge of a vehicle while above the legal limit or unfit through drink or drugsup to 3 months’ imprisonment
up to £2,500 fine
10 penalty points discretionary disqualification
Driving or attempting to drive while above the legal limit or unfit through drink or drugsup to 6 months’ imprisonment
up to £5,000 fine
a ban from driving for at least one year (three years if convicted twice in ten years)
Refusing to provide a specimen of breath, blood or urine for analysisup to 6 months’ imprisonment
up to £5,000 fine
a ban from driving for at least one year

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off