Have been driving again for 2 years and just got medical request

Convicted Driver Insurance

fee

Hi,
I got 18 month ban in 2007 for drink driving. After this got my licence back and have been driving since. Have just got speeding ticket and a week later got letter from DVLA saying I got missed and should have had a medical. Has anyone else had this so late? Is it possible they will remove my licence? Fron other posts many people choose to detox prior to the medical but is this really necesarily? I dont have drink heavily - maybe 2 glasses of wine but most evenings. This surely is not illegal?
Any help/advice gratefully recieved.

Thanks

Hi,
I got 18 month ban in 2007 for drink driving. After this got my licence back and have been driving since. Have just got speeding ticket and a week later got letter from DVLA saying I got missed and should have had a medical. Has anyone else had this so late? Is it possible they will remove my licence? Fron other posts many people choose to detox prior to the medical but is this really necesarily? I dont have drink heavily - maybe 2 glasses of wine but most evenings. This surely is not illegal?
Any help/advice gratefully recieved.

Thanks

Please see here for the reason you have been requested to take a medical so late. More information on the DVLA medical can be found here.

Having failed one and passed one medical I would advise stopping drinking at least a month before the medical....also be careful when answering the medical questions, dont admit to drinking as regularly as you do

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off