Had my dreaded day in court ?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Sarah39

Hi, My story is I had been out for lunch with my best friend in town . After, we got a taxi home me being dropped off first. When I arrived home I had no house key to get in, my husband had gone out with his mates to local pub which was 0.8 mile away. I tried car door which was on our drive and it opened meaning I had key card key in my bag ? and like a STUPID IDIOT decided to drive the car to get the house key off my husband. I wasn’t stopped by the police it was a pedestrian that was able to open the car door because I was driving that slow ( 1st gear) they thought I had car trouble. although I have been reading on this forum since the day I was arrested in Nov 18 I have never posted. I finally had my court day on 28th March 19 , I pleaded guilty got 18 month ban , I was offered the DD course and £400 fine . I am so relieved it’s over . I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Although I have a very long way to go to get my license back the feelings I have gone through is something I never want to feel again. This will live with me for the rest of my life , we are moving house soon so a new start and hope I will start to feel better . I keep thinking dark thoughts about what could have been . I have multiple sclerosis so I’m gonna miss my car , it’s my legs and independence BUT it’s my own fault and will have to deal with it, thank u for reading

Thanks for sharing your story. Try getting a bike - it can be just as quick for short journeys and you will get fitter as well! There is a good site - cycle.travel - to find off-road routes.

Every day from now = one less day of the ban :)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off