GP reply after medical

Convicted Driver Insurance
I had the medical 7 weeks ago and DVLA wrote to my doctor. I've chased it up . GP completed the reply but DVLA not received. My question is. does GP respond by email or put a reply form in the post? I am trying to get a time scale of when I can get my licence back. Thanks in advance for any replies.

I had the medical 7 weeks ago and DVLA wrote to my doctor. I've chased it up . GP completed the reply but DVLA not received. My question is. does GP respond by email or put a reply form in the post? I am trying to get a time scale of when I can get my licence back. Thanks in advance for any replies.
I would ask your GP. The DVLA said the same to me . My GP had sent it off , but then again emailed it and posted a hard copy . The DVLA seems not to receive a vast amount of correspondence that has been sent .

Cannot wait for them to contact my doctor if they do jesus I aint seen him for 6yrs hes a right knobhead 🙄

I would ask your GP. The DVLA said the same to me . My GP had sent it off , but then again emailed it and posted a hard copy . The DVLA seems not to receive a vast amount of correspondence that has been sent .
Sounds like I'm getting my licence no time soon then :( thank you for the reply.

Had my medical 6 th Sept should get licence back tomorrow however received a letter today dated 14Sept stating they have request more information from my doctor.
Phoned them they haven't received anything as of yet.
No point stressing as I can't affect it.

I am lead to believe the correspondence is generally paper based as I made a recent enquiry with my own GP and the paperwork was still in their pigeon.

The DVLA were until recently still using fax machines, but most places don't use them as they have become a redundant piece of 20th century office equipment.

CJ

Cannot wait for them to contact my doctor if they do jesus I aint seen him for 6yrs hes a right knobhead 🙄

If you haven't seen him in six years, your own case will be pretty straight forward - you are on good course to get a ten year licence. You never know - after six years, Dr Knobhead might have retired or moved on!

CJ

They done mine the the way round GP first and medical in approx 6 weeks time after booking! Even longer… then 21 days approx wait for Dvla to get results then they make decision… well I haven’t drank for 18 months so should get it back soon 🤞🏻

Had my medical 6 th Sept should get licence back tomorrow however received a letter today dated 14Sept stating they have request more information from my doctor.
Phoned them they haven't received anything as of yet.
No point stressing as I can't affect it.
I agree no point in stressing. However , you can influence by monitoring and progress chasing both GP and DVLA . Hopefully it will get sorted soon.

I agree no point in stressing. However , you can influence by monitoring and progress chasing both GP and DVLA . Hopefully it will get sorted soon.
Do you think they are requesting more info due to the questioonaire you had to complete, do you think your bloods should pass? xx

Do you think they are requesting more info due to the questioonaire you had to complete, do you think your bloods should pass? xx
Not sure to be honest, phoned dvla this morning , no help as got through to a call centre in India who can't access info

What the actual hell??
I know peed off beyond words , but there's nothing I can do .
I know I broke the law and did something stupid, however if I had done anything else when your times spent you can get one building your life.

Maybe they need confirmation from your g.p that no problematic alcohol use is in your history, don't worry too much x

Not sure to be honest, phoned dvla this morning , no help as got through to a call centre in India who can't access info
They can access info. I’ve never had an issue with that. They put you on hold to see any updated info they have on you after asking security questions.

Would not be so sure. They have a long history of outsourcing.

This is the first I have heard about out sourcing. If it is true, then its quite worrying if personal and sensitive information about ourselves can be accessed by people in other countries, particularly in the current climate of identity fraud and international terrorist threats.

CJ

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off