Got to have had drink Spiked...

Convicted Driver Insurance

veryworried

Hi to everyone and thankyou for any advice in advance.

On Friday evening I was arrested at 11.15pm after driving my partner's Boss to a local hotel (Less than a mile away). The reading that was provided was 96mg. Obviously I was taken to the police station.

The thing is, that evening I and 2 of my friends who were with me can confirm that I had one small glass of wine at 6pm with dinner and a Lager Top at 10.45pm at the local pub where I met my partner and his boss.

Now this particular pub happends to be a bit of a dive and we were outside the front where there is little lighting and a lot of people. My friend was piked there 2 months ago. I am confident (as are my friends that I was spiked somehow).

The other thing is, the police explained that they only pulled me up as I had clipped the curb in my car. What has since transpired is that it was a large nail in the tyre that caused the car to hit the kerb and blow out.

Now I just dont know what to do. Myself and my partner are trying for a baby via IVF so we have both been keeping off the drink. I also run my own business so this is going to ruin us.

I intend to pay a solictor, however I am concerned that this is a closed case.

Any advice would be gratefully recieved. I am 28, had an sp30 in 2006 but no other offences.

Many Thanks

Matthew

Matthew,

For a reading of 96 ug in breath the Court are likely to sentence you to a ban of between 23 - 28 months if you are convicted of drink driving.

If there are substantial flaws in the procedure adopted by the police, whilst you were detained in custody, there may be legal arguments that can be used regarding the admissibility of the breath test. It is quite common for the police to deviate from the breath test procedure and we have successfully argued that breath tests should be excluded from evidence in the past. Such arguments are highly skilled and very technical. Few lawyers are aware of such arguments or able to put them forward.

If you wanted advice as to the prospects of your breath test being excluded in evidence, we are able to offer a fixed fee service.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off