Got scooped Drink Driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

hood

So at the end of August a friend and I had been drinking since 2PM roughly, initially from a large carryout (12 Carling) up the mountain, then headed into town, had two more pints, then about 3 tins of Milwaukee's Best. We got into my car and drove literally 150-200 yards down a straight road to the local Kebab shop and got pulled by the cops for not having car lights on.

When we stopped the police car pulled alongside us and asked if I was drinking, answered yes then on third breathylsing attempt I was negative, with a reading of 70.

Eventually they took me back to station and I blew 55/53.

Question: In court which reading will they use as my offical D/D reading, the initial blow or 53/55? What would be the expected outcome for some of 14.5K earnings gross? And what is the penalty or tradition in dealing with this for members of HM's civil service?

Last edited by a moderator:
So at the end of August a friend and I had been drinking since 2PM roughly, initially from a large carryout (12 Carling) up the mountain, then headed into town, had two more pints, then about 3 tins of Milwaukee's Best. We got into my car and drove literally 150-200 yards down a straight road to the local Kebab shop and got pulled by the cops for not having car lights on.

When we stopped the police car pulled alongside us and asked if I was drinking, answered yes then on third breathylsing attempt I was negative, with a reading of 70.

Eventually they took me back to station and I blew 55/53.

Question: In court which reading will they use as my offical D/D reading, the initial blow or 53/55? What would be the expected outcome for some of 14.5K earnings gross? And what is the penalty or tradition in dealing with this for members of HM's civil service?

The lower of the two readings will be used by the prosecution in court, in this case 53.

You will be looking at a 12 to 16 months driving ban, a fine and no doubt the opportunity to complete the drink driving rehabilitation course which can reduce your driving ban by up to 25%.

It depends on your job what action is taken by your employer in regards to this conviction and whether or not your employer will be notified of the conviction.

More information on how fines are calculated can be found here

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off