Getting through to the dvla

Convicted Driver Insurance

Andy smith

After the dvla letter from the 12th of July to my gp going missing apparently. On the 12th of August I finally got through and asked them to send the letter again. The second letter does not reach my gp.
How do two letters just not make it to their address? I get letters and send letters everyday. They all make it.
I probably don't have to tell you how much I wanted to put a tube on the gaspipe and sit in the car... Etc.. But I'm guessing you need a license to do that so I didn't just in case.
So I so some sleuthing. The dvla can email the gp. It's a eureka moment. Why didn't they do this in the first place god and the dvla only know.
After an exasperating 5 weeks of trying to ring the dvla and getting the "get lost we don't care click" message 50 times a day.... On the 5th September I suddenly got through on about attempt number 40.
Just keep pressing the call button over and over and over and over. You will feel like you are going crazy... Isnt that the definition of crazy ...but keep doing it ...you may eventually get through after all with no rhyme or reason it just suddenly puts you in a 30minute queu. Maybe a million people hage auto dial and i pressed call at exactly the right time i dont know but it worked in the end .it took about 20 minutes of crazily just pressinh the call button , hamg up ,repeat .
The second thing is..if i can give advice its that and start by telling the dvla to email your doctor. Letters get lost.im now 8 weels behind in my application because i made the mistake of thinking the dvla were capable of sending a letter . Dont maje that mistake.

After the dvla letter from the 12th of July to my gp going missing apparently. On the 12th of August I finally got through and asked them to send the letter again. The second letter does not reach my gp.
How do two letters just not make it to their address? I get letters and send letters everyday. They all make it.
I probably don't have to tell you how much I wanted to put a tube on the gaspipe and sit in the car... Etc.. But I'm guessing you need a license to do that so I didn't just in case.
So I so some sleuthing. The dvla can email the gp. It's a eureka moment. Why didn't they do this in the first place god and the dvla only know.
After an exasperating 5 weeks of trying to ring the dvla and getting the "get lost we don't care click" message 50 times a day.... On the 5th September I suddenly got through on about attempt number 40.
Just keep pressing the call button over and over and over and over. You will feel like you are going crazy... Isnt that the definition of crazy ...but keep doing it ...you may eventually get through after all with no rhyme or reason it just suddenly puts you in a 30minute queu. Maybe a million people hage auto dial and i pressed call at exactly the right time i dont know but it worked in the end .it took about 20 minutes of crazily just pressinh the call button , hamg up ,repeat .
The second thing is..if i can give advice its that and start by telling the dvla to email your doctor. Letters get lost.im now 8 weels behind in my application because i made the mistake of thinking the dvla were capable of sending a letter . Dont maje that mistake.
I feel your pain I started out feeling quite calm about reapplying for my licence however in the past few days it’s driving (ironically} me daft. It’s now 7 weeks since my medical with absolutely no word and like you I’ve called only to be told no timescale. So I’ve written a complaint on their website I’ve emailed my MP advising him it’s now not far off six months since I sent off my D1 form and not sure wether I should email Julie lennerd I think her name is the chief at DVLA. And best of all is if and when they decide to contact my gp this could make it well into the winter before I get my license back It’s bordering on scandalous.

I've gone down the complaint procedure, and to the ombudsman. If an organisation can take away your car if you forget to tax or whatever for more than 1 day then I think they need to be accountable.
What was that advert on TV meant to scare us? "...... No ifs no buts no excuses" it seems I can be fined and have my property confiscated if I forget on small detail and yet they can treat us like this.
I know there is a strike on... I understand there is a pandemic. And yet I have to carry on with my business, struggling with no licence So easy solution... Dish out temporary licences all round. We had them before,.. There should be apologies and possibly compensation for loss of earnings. One rule for us and another for them. If something is a legal requirement it can't be made impossible. Simples

Apology for interrupting ,I did my dvla medical on 28th Jan this year,after waiting and calling for 8 months had to do same medical last week but dvla paid ,God noes why not had a drink for 2 years ?

Apology for interrupting ,I did my dvla medical on 28th Jan this year,after waiting and calling for 8 months had to do same medical last week but dvla paid ,God noes why not had a drink for 2 years ?
Hi Terry
I could be in the same situation as I’ve not heard back from DVLA. Can you give an outline with dates/circumstances, as I’m sure someone on this site will be able to offer some advice.

Sounds like the dvla misplaced your papers and you had to start again? I feel your pain. We are all struggling to get the dvla to act but January to now really is a patient wait.
I had my medical in May.
Still a long time ago with no end in sight.
It seems to be luck of the draw, a roll of the dice at each step. Will they lose the papers? Misplace a letter?
The trick seems to be to do there job for them by trying to follow up every stage.
It's ****ing painful

I've been chasing both parties ,dvla said chase my doctors for a reply so I did,my doctors said they have not received anything from dvla.so rang dvla again for them to send another letter to doctors this took 2 months alone

I've been chasing both parties ,dvla said chase my doctors for a reply so I did,my doctors said they have not received anything from dvla.so rang dvla again for them to send another letter to doctors this took 2 months alone
Get your GP surgery email. They actually have a special email to receive correspondence from the dvla. Then give that to the dvla

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off