Getting licence

Convicted Driver Insurance

Sam999

Posting for a friend she was disqualified for 4 years in her maiden name and disqualify period has just passed she is considering applying for a licence in her maiden name and as new provincial licence with no connection to her disq name as ts a diff address etc , I am concerned for her and think she should just be straight. But she seems to think she get away with it. Am trying to talk her out of it any advice please.

Posting for a friend she was disqualified for 4 years in her maiden name and disqualify period has just passed she is considering applying for a licence in her maiden name and as new provincial licence with no connection to her disq name as ts a diff address etc , I am concerned for her and think she should just be straight. But she seems to think she get away with it. Am trying to talk her out of it any advice please.
Sorry she is wanting to apply for licence in her married name

Bad idea. She commits an offence by not giving her previous details on the application form for a licence. (it asks for other names)
She would only get a provisional but she needs insurance and the disqualification has to be declared.
As she was disqualified from driving for 4 years, I presume she is a High Risk Offender so must complete a medical before she can drive again, even under the name on her licence.
She will get “away with it” until she is stopped for something or makes an insurance claim. I can get away with shoplifting, but it doesn’t make it right or sensible. Be a good friend and Park her out of it. If she goes ahead and you or anyone you know has a lift in her car, how will you fee knowing the risk she is putting herself, her passengers and other road users at?

Bad idea. She commits an offence by not giving her previous details on the application form for a licence. (it asks for other names)
She would only get a provisional but she needs insurance and the disqualification has to be declared.
As she was disqualified from driving for 4 years, I presume she is a High Risk Offender so must complete a medical before she can drive again, even under the name on her licence.
She will get “away with it” until she is stopped for something or makes an insurance claim. I can get away with shoplifting, but it doesn’t make it right or sensible. Be a good friend and Park her out of it. If she goes ahead and you or anyone you know has a lift in her car, how will you fee knowing the risk she is putting herself, her passengers and other road users at?
Thank you for your reply I think she was going to get a provisional under her married name resit her test under married name get insurance and no disclose anything to insurance I advised her she be committing offences and got end up in jail but she is not listening I think I will show beef this post

I actually have a friend who's brother done this Sam after changing his name by deed poll, all was well for 3 years. He got into a crash and wrote off his 2016 Audi A5, injured his leg badly and his passenger broke his wrist. When the insurance claim went in his driving history came to light and all claims were denied and his licence revoked.

He hasn't been working for a year and a half with his leg injury and he won't be seeing a penny for it from his insurers. He also still owes the finance company for the car which was a total loss. No job, no income, no big insurance payment to fall back on and the debt for the car. Not a very cheap lesson to learn.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off