Getting licence back early

Convicted Driver Insurance

Jeb123456789

Apologies I was wondering if anyone could help.

My daughter received a 4 year ban from driving in 2017. For drink driving. She was caught again but took a year to come to court where she received a further ban to run with the previous sentence.

She has now applied for the return of her licence but the judge has indicated that due to her progress in relation to starting a business and volunteering work he would be happy to return her licence but asked her to present a president / previous case where someone has had the licence returned having only served 2 years of a 4 year ban.

Does anyone know of such a case or have any idea on how I would go about accessing such information.

II do not condone what my daughter has done in the past but she does seem to have turned it round and for this reason I would like to help her out.

Many thanks

Hi Jeb,

I can’t quite get my head round the first bit of your daughter’s case - she received a 4 year ban in 2017; not a problem, she can apply after 2 years to get her license returned early. The second bit about getting caught again and having another sentence run alongside the first, how did this affect the 4 years already being served, or was it a lesser sentence?

Although I can only really comment on my own experiences from getting my license returned early, I will try and help in your case.

I assume at this point, you have already been through the application process to get your daughter’s license back by writing to the court and appearing before a judge? As I originally applied about 8 months from the end of my ban and had already served nearly 3 years, my case was a simple ‘write the letter, turn up at court and hope for the best’. It seems very strange that the court in your daughter’s case would attach such a condition as having to provide further evidence of cases that they would possibly possess anyway from archives etc. I’m by no means a legal professional, however I would recommend you get in touch with a solicitor about this as I have never heard of a case being ‘suspended’ in order to provide further legal evidence. People have their licenses returned earlier all the time and a solicitor firm will have engaged in these sorts of cases all the time so will not be short of strong evidence to support your daughter’s case; Sean Joyce is our resident expert on this forum so lease give him a message if you haven’t done already.

MM

Hi Jeb,

I can’t quite get my head round the first bit of your daughter’s case - she received a 4 year ban in 2017; not a problem, she can apply after 2 years to get her license returned early. The second bit about getting caught again and having another sentence run alongside the first, how did this affect the 4 years already being served, or was it a lesser sentence?

Although I can only really comment on my own experiences from getting my license returned early, I will try and help in your case.

I assume at this point, you have already been through the application process to get your daughter’s license back by writing to the court and appearing before a judge? As I originally applied about 8 months from the end of my ban and had already served nearly 3 years, my case was a simple ‘write the letter, turn up at court and hope for the best’. It seems very strange that the court in your daughter’s case would attach such a condition as having to provide further evidence of cases that they would possibly possess anyway from archives etc. I’m by no means a legal professional, however I would recommend you get in touch with a solicitor about this as I have never heard of a case being ‘suspended’ in order to provide further legal evidence. People have their licenses returned earlier all the time and a solicitor firm will have engaged in these sorts of cases all the time so will not be short of strong evidence to support your daughter’s case; Sean Joyce is our resident expert on this forum so lease give him a message if you haven’t done already.

MM
Mm thank you for the help I will move it forward tith the information you have provided.

Many thanks

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off