Getting caught for drug driving with previous conviction of refusing a sample (alcohol) 9 years previous

Convicted Driver Insurance

jon1

Hi there and thank you. In 2010 I was stopped in my car and refused to blow in the breathalyser at the station ( I failed the road test). I also had a small amount of cannabis. I went to court and got a 12 month ban (down to 9 with a course) and a a fine. I cannot remember what code it was. A caution for the cannabis I recieved. Anyways all was fine until December last year (2019) when I got stopped for "Missing a red light" . The police officer said he could smell cannabis in the car. I was completely honest and said I just had some and gave him what I had. I apparently had 14.5 g but I really do not think I did! Anyways that is trivial. I went to the station (after failing the roadside swab and took a blood test. Twenty weeks later the results have just come back, 3.6 ... My question is I did not know there was a 3 year mandatory ban if you have had previous??. What I am asking is this, If I was convicted in 2011 of failing to provide a sample ( I am not sure of code but my guess is a DR 30)can I just have a 12 month ban for failing a blood test now or is it a compulsory 3 year ban? Because I never actually was prosecuted for being over the limit and refusing a sample can I argue that this latest blood test was the only one and thus get a 12 month ban down to 9 with a course and fine etc. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

I live in the middle of nowhere in a beautiful secluded property with my wonderful partner and animals, I can work from home online at some point after Caronavirus, I am now claiming UC and Self employment grants off the government and will continue to do so as long as possible. They are just paying my rent. and bills which is fine. I don't drink alcohol or smoke tobacco. Grow my own food. I will just calm my life right down and take as much as possible off the government that I can legally which I never have done before in 45 years. I am also going through a DRO so soon I will not have to think about the £17000 I owe (because of knowing I will lose my license and why should I worry about unsecured debt in my position ) and get out the rat race paying back money I owed. 3 years at home working on the garden not being able to drive to work and claiming benefits will suit me fine. I will work from home either when I want to or when they stop paying me. because I can choose. I smoked a pipe and getting a three year ban. It will cost them as much as it has cost me. Thank you for letting me know..

Reactions: d3v
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off