Geoffrey Miller?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Alldaybreakfastin

Well Known Member
Charged driving over the limit at 42 on Tuesday. Geoffrey Miller have said they have successfully acquitted 10 of 11 breath cases since January. The impression I get on here is that it’s impossible to avoid a conviction. How are they doing this? I don’t believe they can lie?!

All solicitors will promise you the earth moon and stars. Firstly breath samples are the least likely method of sample that there is likely to be a procedural error. In my opinion despite it being pain staking, emotionally draining and time consumming, you can do all the research for yourself and find out whether or not there is any likelyhood of avoiding a ban by it either being thrown out or being found not guilty at court. Solicitors will convince you that if there are any silly mistakes made on your charge sheet of MGDDA forms then the case will be dropped. This is not true! You can get all the advice you need on here there are some very experienced admin and members. Dont spend thousands of pounds until until you've worked out the likely outcome for yourself first

All solicitors will promise you the earth moon and stars. Firstly breath samples are the least likely method of sample that there is likely to be a procedural error. In my opinion despite it being pain staking, emotionally draining and time consumming, you can do all the research for yourself and find out whether or not there is any likelyhood of avoiding a ban by it either being thrown out or being found not guilty at court. Solicitors will convince you that if there are any silly mistakes made on your charge sheet of MGDDA forms then the case will be dropped. This is not true! You can get all the advice you need on here there are some very experienced admin and members. Dont spend thousands of pounds until until you've worked out the likely outcome for yourself first
Thank you. It is painstaking, and I’m going to lose a job I’ve been trying to get for years 😢 Why would it ever be thrown out?

Thank you. It is painstaking, and I’m going to lose a job I’ve been trying to get for years 😢 Why would it ever be thrown out?
I went not guilty based on a solicitors advice. I have a friend who is a direct access barrister but wanted to keep it private so didn't ask him for help. When my back was up against the wall and I didn't know whether or not to change my plea to guilty I had to swallow my pride and ask for help. Free of charge he reviewed the case agreed there was a legal valid point but the magistrates still didn't buy it. My point is, even when there is a possible 'loophole' the magistrates won't necessarily buy it.

Most of us on here feel your pain. I've had to move house so I could put my child into a school that I don't need to drive to, left my job as the DD situation which took over a year completely took over my life, now there's no realalistic prospect of going back as I have a criminal record for the next 5 years. Its hard, especially when you were only a tiny bit over the limit like me.

Charged driving over the limit at 42 on Tuesday. Geoffrey Miller have said they have successfully acquitted 10 of 11 breath cases since January. The impression I get on here is that it’s impossible to avoid a conviction. How are they doing this? I don’t believe they can lie?!
If they believe they can get you off and they have a 10/11 success rate, ask them to do no win/no fee then! I know their answer....

These parasites go on a fishing expedition, they hope that there is some procedural errors that they can pick up on, however anecdotal evidence shows that the majority of people who are persuaded to go down this route will usually find on the actual day in court that they are advised to go guilty as there was no evidence of errors. Generally this means that the client is out of pocket by thousands of pounds, they lose the discount that would be given for an early guilty plea, court fees are higher, magistrates lose their temper that their time has been wasted and possibly give the higher end of the scale and don't offer the course. The 10 out of 11 may be the ones that they didn't tell to change their plea on the day, probably works out 10 out of 400 who instructed them in the first place....

If you didn't drink and drive, then go not guilty. However from what you have said so far, you did drink and drive and are just hoping to get off with it because it will be hard for you. Live and learn, fess up and just take the penalty. I'm sure that in the long run you will be better off financially, mentally and have your licence back quicker....

What they mean is “10 of the 11 cases where there were glaring errors in things like hospital procedure or failing to provide cases, not straight forward ones
Ask them how many cases that are pretty straightforward, like yours, that they have taken a fat fee for and then advised them to plead guilty in the end?

Do you honestly believe that they have only had 11 cases to deal with in 3 months?

and did you ask them if they will do”no win no fee” as they are so confident?

Hi all, thanks for your honesty. I did ask them if any of those 11 were advised to change their plea after evidence came to light, and they said no. They were also all breath cases, from my understanding this couldn’t also mean fail to provide?

I am in bits :(

My opinion of drink driving legislation is that many people have tried every trick in the book over the years to get acquitted on the basis of technicalities. There's been a few high profile people who have tried and failed to take on the 'system'. Many premiership footballers have fallen foul (no pun intended!) of drink driving and I think in a lot of cases they have more money than sense and tried to challenge inconsistencies in procedure and evidence, but have still been found guilty.

Firms like Geoffrey Miller seem to operate rather like a sales company where their staff are being measured on targets and commissions that are generated by the fees stumped up by clients. Unfortunately, many of these law firms promise the earth but deliver sweet F.A. To practice in certain aspects of Criminal Law these days doesn't necessarily require people to have passed the 'bar' and companies like Geoffrey Miller probably employ people I would class as 'undergraduates' or 'paralegals' who are not the best advisors in some cases.

One thing I have come to appreciate on this site is the genuine people who have admitted they made a mistake and use the site for support and guidance in moving forward. It seems like 'alldaybreakfastin' has not accepted his wrong doing and is hoping to score pointers about getting off a drink driving charge which goes against the grain of what this site is about. Big Tom and Price1367 have already given the best advice here so I'll leave it at that.

CJ

What they mean is “10 of the 11 cases where there were glaring errors in things like hospital procedure or failing to provide cases, not straight forward ask them how many cases that are pretty straightforward, like yours, that they have taken a fat fee for and then advised them to plead guilty in the end?
Do you honestly believe that they have only had 11 cases to deal with in 3 months?
Hi all, thanks for your honesty. I did ask them if any of those 11 were advised to change their plea after evidence came to light, and they said no. They were also all breath cases, from my understanding this couldn’t also mean fail to provide?

I am in bits :(
Yes it would, in the same way as drink drive cases include drunk in charge, where there is no driving...
So far no one on here no one has said it is a good prospect to spend £10k plus on a simple over the limit breath test case.
Rather than keep asking, you need to make up your own mind if you want to risk your cash.
I have met a number of people on drink drive courses who had spent a fortune on solicitors or even barristers... but they were still convicted. I simply do not buy a 90% success rate. If they did, they would offer “No win, no fee” , or at least 70% off if found guilty....

I have absolutely accepted my wrong-doing and I am devastated I made the decision. I’m sorry if it’s come off that way, I just need a realistic expectation and clarity of the 100’s of things I’m being told.

I did not drink a lot, and I know it doesn’t matter, but one has suggested I could have unusual alcohol metabolism which may count as a special reason. I am sceptical.

I want punishment, but I don’t want it to affect everyone else around me too. I’m an unpaid carer and this will totally mess up literally everything in my life. I’m just trying to minimise the damage, but I do fully accept responsibility and I am incredibly remorseful.

I have absolutely accepted my wrong-doing and I am devastated I made the decision. I’m sorry if it’s come off that way, I just need a realistic expectation and clarity of the 100’s of things I’m being told.

I did not drink a lot, and I know it doesn’t matter, but one has suggested I could have unusual alcohol metabolism which may count as a special reason. I am sceptical.

I want punishment, but I don’t want it to affect everyone else around me too. I’m an unpaid carer and this will totally mess up literally everything in my life. I’m just trying to minimise the damage, but I do fully accept responsibility and I am incredibly remorseful.
If you look at the Geoffrey Miller website, even they say: “Although it is no defence to a drink driving charge to say you had XX number of units but because you had a slow metabolism or had not eaten that day, there are many defences to a drink drive charge often capable of securing a NOT GUILTY verdict.” So they are sceptical of the slow metabolism defence themselves!!!
That would be another couple of thousand £‘s wasted on a medical examination and report on top of the rest of your costs.

You say:

I just need a realistic expectation and clarity of the 100’s of things I’m being told. “
Who, other than solicitors standing to make £ thousands out of you, or your mates in the pub, are telling you anything other than you are going to be found guilty? I have experience of many, many drink drive cases, others on here have been through the process themselves and you can read on here of you search for yourself, of people spending a lot of money in a futile hope that ‘something might go wrong’ with the case and they get off.

To save us more efforts at dealing with the possible defences that you throw in, why not just start a new thread titled: “anyone got any positive experience of spending £10-15,000 on a solicitor and getting a result?” Then you will only get positive answers (but, I suspect, very few of them if at all)

Last edited:
If these are the hot shots that got David beckham off then that’s who I used back in 2018. I paid them £10k to get me off with a dr10. The court realised I’d paid for a hot shot lawyer at the 3rd court meeting and then added perverting the course of justice to my charges and I got a 6 month prison sentence on top of my drink driving because I said it wasn’t me in the police station.
If I could go back in time I would have gone guilty, saved the 10k and I wouldn’t have had to spend 7 weeks in jail, 6 weeks on electronic curfew and 12 months visiting a probation officer to make sure I’m not reoffending. What a load of shit

From memory there has only been a single case in the last God knows how many years where someone was able to prove that food fermentation in their stomach was the cause of their alcohol reading. Even although you were just over the limit at 42, the limit is 35, To get to 35 you would only need 4 units of alcohol. A pint of normal strength beer is 2 units. This would put you on the edge and even a few sips of beer from a third pint would put you over.

It takes around 15 minutes for the alcohol to enter your blood stream and 1 hour on average to metabolise 1 unit. So to clear 2 units from your system would take 2 hours 15 minutes.

For you to be sitting at 42, which is roughly 2 and a bit units, you must have driven with half an hour of consuming your last drink OR you were caught the morning after when you thought you were clear and fit.

People don't realise that after a heavy night drinking, it can be as late as 3.00pm the next afternoon before you are fit to drive, not 7.00am after a fry up.

I honestly would not waste your money on these lawyers. Get a lawyer yourself, even if you intend to plead guilty but don;t pay anyonre that £300-£400. You were over the limit. Accept it. Plead guilty, get a reduction on your ban and fine that goes along with pleading guilty and make sure your lawyer asks for you to be placed on a Drink Driver Awareness Course. This will take 25% off your ban.

Console yourself with the fact that up to 100,000 people are convicted in the UK of DUI each year.

Equally, ANYONE that drinks alcohol and drives has, or will be at some time, over the limit even though they haven't been caught.

I paid Geoffrey Miller £2400 for a guilty plea, absolute thieves of the highest order full of s%%t waste of time.

I paid Geoffrey Miller £2400 for a guilty plea, absolute thieves of the highest order full of s%%t waste of time.
Thanks for your reply - I must admit when I considered using them I was in a state of pure fear, panic and disbelief at what had happened.

I’ve since seen sense and accepted however unintentional it was, I was over the limit. I pled guilty on Thursday and am now trying to work out how I pick up the thousand pieces.

Thanks for your reply - I must admit when I considered using them I was in a state of pure fear, panic and disbelief at what had happened.

I’ve since seen sense and accepted however unintentional it was, I was over the limit. I pled guilty on Thursday and am now trying to work out how I pick up the thousand pieces.
Perhaps GGG was only of the minute number of cases they told you they have lost this year.....? I suspect there are many more.
But there again they did not defend the case, after fleecing him of £2400 for the decision making!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off