Furious!

Convicted Driver Insurance

Marshmallow7523

I am completely FURIOUS with the way the DVLA are acting regarding my application for my licence after It was revoked 2 years ago because I was sectioned under The Mental Health Act.

They revoked my licence despite my GP and Pyschiatrist saying I was fit to drive. They sent me on a DVLA medical which lasted all of 10 minutes and that Dr reported I was not fit to drive owing to the medication I was taking.

Roll on 2 years. I had stopped using said medication a year earlier, I had no occurances of Bi-Polar episodes, stable, do not drink alcohol or use drugs.
So last JULY I re-applied via a D1 and a £50 cheque. 4 weeks on and the cheque had been cashed but they told me that they had not received my D1 form. I had posted it via recorded delivery so mentioned this. No apology just "You will have to fill In a D1 form and send it to us"
I did this immediately via recorded delivery.
Roll onto August. They send me and my GP a Questionairre. I fill mine In and send It in. My gP went to the trouble of calling me in her own time and went through her questionairre to ensure we both were reporting the same info, dates etc. The surgery send It recorded delivery.
Roll onto October. I am thinking that they must be close to a decision. I call them. They tell me that they are still waiting for my GP`s questionairre. I call the surgery and get the recorded delivery details andcall the DVLA with the tracking number so they can see for themselves who it was signed for, the date and time.
No apology just "We have not received your GP`s questionairre, you will need to contact you GP and ask them to send it" I call the GP surgery who have the form stored so they send it again.

Since this ime I have been asking for updates to be told different stories. Some of the DVLA advisors say that my form Is with a Manager and some of the advisors tell me that my application Is on file waiting to be looked at by a Manager. Its like gfoing in circles.

I have to have an Op mid March meaning I have no form of transport. I ride a bicycle to stay fit, go to appoinments and do my shopping.

I cannot believe its been EIGHT months since I sent in my application and not one apology for the delay or obvious loss by them of my documents.

Grrr!

I am completely FURIOUS with the way the DVLA are acting regarding my application for my licence after It was revoked 2 years ago because I was sectioned under The Mental Health Act.

They revoked my licence despite my GP and Pyschiatrist saying I was fit to drive. They sent me on a DVLA medical which lasted all of 10 minutes and that Dr reported I was not fit to drive owing to the medication I was taking.

Roll on 2 years. I had stopped using said medication a year earlier, I had no occurances of Bi-Polar episodes, stable, do not drink alcohol or use drugs.
So last JULY I re-applied via a D1 and a £50 cheque. 4 weeks on and the cheque had been cashed but they told me that they had not received my D1 form. I had posted it via recorded delivery so mentioned this. No apology just "You will have to fill In a D1 form and send it to us"
I did this immediately via recorded delivery.
Roll onto August. They send me and my GP a Questionairre. I fill mine In and send It in. My gP went to the trouble of calling me in her own time and went through her questionairre to ensure we both were reporting the same info, dates etc. The surgery send It recorded delivery.
Roll onto October. I am thinking that they must be close to a decision. I call them. They tell me that they are still waiting for my GP`s questionairre. I call the surgery and get the recorded delivery details andcall the DVLA with the tracking number so they can see for themselves who it was signed for, the date and time.
No apology just "We have not received your GP`s questionairre, you will need to contact you GP and ask them to send it" I call the GP surgery who have the form stored so they send it again.

Since this ime I have been asking for updates to be told different stories. Some of the DVLA advisors say that my form Is with a Manager and some of the advisors tell me that my application Is on file waiting to be looked at by a Manager. Its like gfoing in circles.

I have to have an Op mid March meaning I have no form of transport. I ride a bicycle to stay fit, go to appoinments and do my shopping.

I cannot believe its been EIGHT months since I sent in my application and not one apology for the delay or obvious loss by them of my documents.

Grrr!
I can sympathise with your frustration. My partner is also bipolar and should have had his licence renewed fromSept 2020. We have experienced similar delays in process etc. I contacted our local MP for help and received an apology from the DVLA for the delay and a promise to prioritise the application renewal once the necessary medical and paperwork has been completed.

I can sympathise with your frustration. My partner is also bipolar and should have had his licence renewed fromSept 2020. We have experienced similar delays in process etc. I contacted our local MP for help and received an apology from the DVLA for the delay and a promise to prioritise the application renewal once the necessary medical and paperwork has been completed.
Thank-You, I have a feeling that the DVLA are In complete turmoil. I know of someoe who I was In the same Pysch ward who I followed after on FB who also had Bi-Polar plus Herion and Crack addiction as reported by his GP and he got his licence back in Jan 21 still in mid habit. I went to a DVLA Medical at the time of the revocation, my Drug screen were clear and my licence was revoked. How come a DVLA GP has authority over a Consultant Pyschiatrist and my own gP who originally said I was fit to drive? She wasnt a Pyschiatrist or my own GP who knows me well. She even reported that I was "With It" during the Interveiw and no signs of drug abuse but I still got revoked. All a bit crazy. I sympathise with your parner. W

Thank-You, I have a feeling that the DVLA are In complete turmoil. I know of someoe who I was In the same Pysch ward who I followed after on FB who also had Bi-Polar plus Herion and Crack addiction as reported by his GP and he got his licence back in Jan 21 still in mid habit. I went to a DVLA Medical at the time of the revocation, my Drug screen were clear and my licence was revoked. How come a DVLA GP has authority over a Consultant Pyschiatrist and my own gP who originally said I was fit to drive? She wasnt a Pyschiatrist or my own GP who knows me well. She even reported that I was "With It" during the Interveiw and no signs of drug abuse but I still got revoked. All a bit crazy. I sympathise with your parner. W
Yes there doesn’t seem to be much rhyme or reason behind their decisions at times, let alone their processes. Don’t give up, keep at it & I’m sure it’ll all come good in the end. Another way to contact the DVLA I’ve found helpful has been to tweet them, they usually ask you to DM them with your contact Details so they can give you a ring. Good luck!

Yes there doesn’t seem to be much rhyme or reason behind their decisions at times, let alone their processes. Don’t give up, keep at it & I’m sure it’ll all come good in the end. Another way to contact the DVLA I’ve found helpful has been to tweet them, they usually ask you to DM them with your contact Details so they can give you a ring. Good luck!
Thank You KJB 👍

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off