First time offender

Convicted Driver Insurance

Jason1001

I feel wretched that i got caught for drink and driving and I am just glad no one was injured however I do need some advice as it looks like my life will be turned upside down.

I got breathalyzed on Thursday morning after driving less than 100 yards as I in a heated argument with my partner and stupidly thought at that time the best thing was to drive away. As I was driving away two police cars stopped me reporting to the noise disturbance, was taken to the station and ended up blowing 85 milligrams through a breath sample machine.

I take full responsibility for my actions but I am keen to explore any option of the possibility of keeping my license. My work requires a license and I am the only bread winner for my family at the moment. Would there be any scenario where I can keep my license?

I also got served with a notice to immigrate as I have been living in the country since I was 11, I am now 29. If convicted what is the chance I will be deported as I am the guardian for my younger siblings. I currently have an indefinite leave to remain.

Thanks in advance for any response.

With regards to your drink driving offence, your reading of 85µg of alcohol per 100ml of breath puts you in the second sentencing bracket and advises a sentence of a fine up to a community order, as well as a disqualification for 17-22 months. Given the version of events you have provided, it appears that a technical defence would be the only option. You would need to engage a solicitor to consider this type of defence in detail before attending court and entering a plea. I would suggest contacting one of our team to discuss further on 0333 009 3829

Unfortunately, we cannot advise you on how likely it is that you will be deported following a charge. You will need to speak with an immigration lawyer.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off