First time offence

Convicted Driver Insurance

Anne1981

I was involved in a road accident and had been drinking. I live rural with 4 young children and have just separated from my husband, i have also just got a job as a mobile caterer. Is it worth getting lawyers involved? I know I have done wrong but I need to fight to keep my licence. And yes I am very remorseful for what I have done!

Thank you for the reply, so it is worth having a lawyer. How much can they possibly reduce it by, they say they will try and get the case dropped for inconsistencies in how the police have handled by case. Feel like I'm losing my mind!!

Last edited:
It is highly unlikely the case will be dropped due to inconsistencies. I would not trust a law firm that is telling you that.

If you run a trial with a good law firm you may potentially find defences but you would still run a trial.

You could also plead guilty and a good lawyer would significantly reduce the sentence using their experience of presenting your case to the Court.

Ok, so I am confused. Would I do better to plead guilty? Is there a list of good lawyers? Thank you for your time.

I was breathalysed with a reading of 57, blood has been taken and awaiting results, I had hit my head hard, and spent 5 hours in A&E.

At this stage there isn't much to do other than send your blood off to be analysed (if you have it.)

You need to see if you are over the limit before you decide upon your next steps.

If you are charged with something you then need to find a good lawyer and get some advice as to whether you should defend the matter or plead guilty.

But please proceed with caution talking to lawyers who tell you they can make it all go away. They cannot.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off