First Time Offence In An Unknown Area

Convicted Driver Insurance

Shaniese

This is my mothers first time offence and it’s been really daunting on her as the Essex Police were pressurising her and intimidating her when at the police station.

My mother was at an engagement gathering and had a couple of drinks but was drinking water in between and was turning down drinks throughout the day as she wasn’t really feeling it. After 2-3hours of no drinking at all she decided to hop in the car quickly to get home as it wasn’t too far away. My mom was in Essex and we live in Southampton so she wasn’t really well known with the area so my aunty was directing her in the car. At one point she got confused with my auntys direction and made a weird turn which caused police suspicion. They stopped her and made her take a breathing test, which she failed by 1 mg, they said and I can confirm this. “All you need is a 40 and you will be left with a warning. They also said that she was potentially harming other people by driving this way but it was 4 am in the morning and I highly doubt anyone is out driving at that time. Would there be a way of proving that she was reduced harm to the public by checking CCTV or something. She got a 41 and 35 on the test which is so devastating but they continued to intimidate her and they took her to the station.

She took another breathing test there and it also came out as 41 and 34 so they ended up charging her. My mom has been a nurse for 12 years and her workplace is about 1.5 hours away from home and she really need her license to do this. Is there any possible way that she can avoid the ban since the test was not so far from the warning limit or could she get a reduced ban at least?

Readings:

Blank Simulator Check 1 : 35
Blank Breath Specimen 1 : 41
Blank Breath Specimen 2 : 41
Blank Simulator Check 2 : 34

Thank you so much for your help.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off