First time EBA

Convicted Driver Insurance

Ellykwa

Hi there, I caught drink driving and blew 160 it’s my first offence and I have been suffering mental health problems that I have continuously tried to access mental health services. I was sectioned twice last year for said mental health problems mentioned above. My meds have not been working and therefore I have been self medicating with alcohol. I have engaged with alcohol services last year in feb/March but sadly my mental health deteriorates in August last year and since has become worse. My question is my court date is 3rd June, do you think I need legal representation at court. I’m clearly concerned by what I have read online. Many Thanks Kelly

With a breath reading of 160µg per 100 millilitres of breath this falls into the highest category so the Court will impose a driving disqualification between 29 to 36 months as well as a community order or custodial sentence for up to 26 weeks. Whilst your mental health and the fact that this is a first offence will be good mitigation because the reading is high and you are at a risk of custody, I would advise you seek legal representation. You can contact one of our team on 0333 009 3829

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off