First DD Offence blew 45 at station

Convicted Driver Insurance

HW1111

I was involved in an accident driving home after going out after work, I had 2 pints and ended up crashing into a curb which totaled my car - I also had a girl in the car. We were both fine and had no injuries.

When the police arrived I blew 41 at the roadside and the 45 twice at the station. I had not had anything to eat all day due to being very busy with my work over recent months.

I have never had any involvement with the police in the past, losing my license would cause me hardship with work as I travel a lot and may loose my job. I am 22 years old and really concerned how this will affect my future, I love my job and work extremely hard. I feel really down about the whole situation and regret it so much.

Is there any way I can avoid a ban?

I was involved in an accident driving home after going out after work, I had 2 pints and ended up crashing into a curb which totaled my car - I also had a girl in the car. We were both fine and had no injuries.

When the police arrived I blew 41 at the roadside and the 45 twice at the station. I had not had anything to eat all day due to being very busy with my work over recent months.

I have never had any involvement with the police in the past, losing my license would cause me hardship with work as I travel a lot and may loose my job. I am 22 years old and really concerned how this will affect my future, I love my job and work extremely hard. I feel really down about the whole situation and regret it so much.

Is there any way I can avoid a ban?
I'm not one to mince my words HW111 so in a word No, you'll be looking at a minimum 12 month ban and fine and probably be offered drink drive course and get approx 3 months off if you do that https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.u...s-alcohol-driveattempt-to-drive-revised-2017/

Thanks for your reply, do you think I would be likely to receive a 12 month ban which could be reduced to 9 with the course?
I was on my drink drive course and there was a fella who blew 42 first time offence and he got 12 months, sentencing guidelines for you are 12-16 months and you are at the lower end and if its first time offence against you I reckon you'll be looking at somet like that

Drink Driving Penalty
Details of offence as provided by you:
  • Specimen Type: breath
  • Alcohol Level: between 36 and 59
  • No previous relevant convictions within the proceeding 10 years
  • You have not been disqualified two or more times for 56 days or more within the proceeding 3 years
Based on the information you provided above, upon conviction of driving with excess alcohol, Magistrates' sentencing guidelines suggest:
Drink Driving Rehabilitation Course
All courts usually offer first time offenders the opportunity to take the drink driving rehabilitation course. A court may allow an offender to take the course a second time where there is a good reason to do so. Offenders will not usually be offered a chance to take the course for a third time. Completing the course can reduce any disqualification period imposed by up to 25%.
Enter New Information

Because of the accident, and someone else in the car, I think you will be lucky to get just a 12 month ban, may well be 14 months, reduced by 14 weeks for being offered and accepting the drink drive rehabilitation course.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off