First call drink and drive 88/100 road accident

Convicted Driver Insurance

Tomaschris

Hi. I had road accident at m25 few days ago. I hit rear bumper in bmw at front of me while driving about 60-70mph. I didn't run away and stay till police arrive. I give them a key and when they ask me I'm drunk i say yes. I blew 88-89 on police station. I did everything what police officers asked me. They keep me for a night in cell (one of police officers told me it was illigal). At interview they ask me what happened and m'i remember everything so I explained everything and take plea guilty so it was like 5 min long.
My court date is 28th august and i dont know what i can expect in there. I never been involved in any road accident or any problems with law(just few parking tickets).
Im 28yo and i have driving license from 5 years.
Im electrician for living and now i moving away from london at 27th august. If i lost license for log time i might struggle to afford living for my family ( i have two months old daughter and girlfriend which stays at home with baby) because probably my actual employer will get reed of me quicker than my resignation letter says( accident happened in my companys van...) I was on my own in my van and only one in car involved in accident. Accident wasn't serious
Do i need lawyer or how can i reduce driving ban?
Is there any point do anything?
Thank you

Readings of 88 and 89µg in breath put you at the top end of the second sentencing bracket. The fact that you were involved in a collision means your offence is aggravated. you will face a penalty of between 17 and 22 months together with either a fine or community order. The level of reading and the aggravation mean a ban towards the higher end would be most likely. I would recommend that you at least obtain character references from friends, family or employers to help direct the court to more positive issues about you.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off