Find a drink driving course before I go to court ?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Reindeer

Hi all,

I am in court tomorrow. My question is will I get offered. Drink Driving Rehabilitation course. Or do I need to find my own, and tell the magistrate in court ?
I’ve been looking on line, can I use any provider ? Despite living near Bristol I’m not finding anything close by, Reading and London looking the nearest. This could be problematic with the current train strike situation.

Appear to be some in Bristol and also some wholly online:

Remember that the magistrates don't have to offer you the course - if they don't, you need to ask them as once you leave court, it is too late.

Appear to be some in Bristol and also some wholly online:

Remember that the magistrates don't have to offer you the course - if they don't, you need to ask them as once you leave court, it is too late.
Thankyou for that reply and links.

Firstly, good luck with tomorrow. You'll be okay. I know it's a very stressful time.
They offer you it if they think it's acceptable to offer it you to. But you have to ask at end. You'll then get a letter through the door some time after from a provider but you can go with anyone I believe?
Also, is it not still all online from covid? I finished my course in March just gone and we did it all on Zoom with the company TTC. I believe they're wanting to keep it going online and not going back to courses in-house so this may be an option for you

Good luck for tomorrow- my court date is next Friday- not looking forward to it, but trying to look on the bright side- at least we will both be put out of our misery regarding our sentences, and can crack on from there

Yes, they are all online now and you can select your dates. I was charged in Dec 2021 and thought I had to complete the course before end of March 2022 but it was in fact end of March 2023.
Glad I didn’t realise to be honest as glad I’ve completed it. I found the course helped as talking with people in same situation.
Good luck

Thankyou for all your good wishes and help everyone. I crashed my lease car 2021 plate. It’s more or less a right off. Have to pay for all of it plus the lease for contract duration. Bad but nothing to the shame I feel .

Good luck for tomorrow- my court date is next Friday- not looking forward to it, but trying to look on the bright side- at least we will both be put out of our misery regarding our sentences, and can crack on from there
Let us know how you get on and good luck

Yes, they are all online now and you can select your dates. I was charged in Dec 2021 and thought I had to complete the course before end of March 2022 but it was in fact end of March 2023.
Glad I didn’t realise to be honest as glad I’ve completed it. I found the course helped as talking with people in same situation.
Good luck
Thankyou

Good luck and thanks

Regarding the drink driving course - I would perhaps only look at course dates after you have been convicted. The court has to authorise you to attend in order to get your ban length reduced.

There is also a time scale for you to do the course. If say you are banned until March 2023, you will need to complete the course no later than December 2022.

My own advise would be to get the DD course done as soon as possible. It is actually quite an enjoyable experience doing the course as everyone is in the same boat (other than the course trainer).

CJ

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off