Filtering DBS

Convicted Driver Insurance

techra

Hi there
Does anybody know if a drink driving conviction can be filtered if it's not relevant to the role I am applying for.

Thanks in advance.
Techra

Hi there
Does anybody know if a drink driving conviction can be filtered if it's not relevant to the role I am applying for.

Thanks in advance.
Techra

Your conviction only has to be declared until it is spent, that's 5 years for jobs that require a basic search. If the job requires an enhanced DBS then drink driving is not filtered for 11 years from the date of conviction so must be declared.

Your conviction only has to be declared until it is spent, that's 5 years for jobs that require a basic search. If the job requires an enhanced DBS then drink driving is not filtered for 11 years from the date of conviction so must be declared.
Oh dear. I misunderstood and did not declare it on a job application. I thought once the ban was over it was spent and not relevant tobthd role. Maybe i shojud let them know.

Techra

Oh dear. I misunderstood and did not declare it on a job application. I thought once the ban was over it was spent and not relevant tobthd role. Maybe i shojud let them know.

Techra

It is not spent for 5 years from the date of your conviction, I would let them know because if your application is successful and then they check you would lose the job. Even more so if it's a role that requires an advanced check. It is on your criminal record until you are 100, but it can be filtered from a DBS after 11 years.

It's a Vaccinator role so I will let them know so didnt think it was relevant. It says onbthe guidelines that its not a criminal offence but u know thats not strictly true. Thanks

The advice you have been given is correct.
What you read about disqualifications being spent at the end of the ban only relates to disqualifications for non motoring offences, so for offences like TWOC.
They realised that if they made disqualifications for motoring offences spent when the ban ended, they would not have to be declared for drink driving and other motoring offences for insurance purposes, so they exempted those offences from becoming spent when the ban ended.
That means that criminals are forgiven quicker than motorists are!!!!

It's a Vaccinator role so I will let them know so didnt think it was relevant. It says onbthe guidelines that its not a criminal offence but u know thats not strictly true. Thanks
Just send an apology note & say you didn’t realise

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off