feared for own life,my wife too

Convicted Driver Insurance

monty01

last saturday nite i was out in niteclub,my car was parked outside.my house is half a mile away from club. reason took car down was it was raining.im married,my wife is 8 months pregrant.she has 5 year old boy to past relationship.since i met laura,her x has made our life hell.he been wanting full custoly of kid,and has used people to try scare me off, past 2 years have been hard to say the least.all he isn wanting is me to hit him or mess up,so he win in court.first year was hardest, death feats,car damaged.ringing house morning and nite.then he finally back off.since laura fell pregant,we got married.started again.strange car in my avenue every nite.when i was out in club, 2 men came up to me,try fight,i got bouncers to put them out,they said b4 they went.we see u later.my wife was at home resting.i phone her,told her.she told me to be carefull.dont fight even if have to.she then said she goin to bed.take care walkin home.this is 1st nite i been out in2years since i wasnt from the town i start new life in.knew nobody,reason it was strange anyone wud fight with me. as nite came to a end. 1 had 3 pints.i went outside to have smoke,check my phone.i had voice message from my wife,cryin telling me get home she worried,i try phoning her and she didit answer.i started to panic,as i stood out side club,i saw same car that i been seeing past 2 weeks,2 guys in it.as i stood tryin to get my wife,the driver appoached me ask for a light,he said yr not from this part of town,were u front.i told him name and were i moved from,he walk back to car,then i realise passenger in car was smoking already,y he not get light of him?i start walkin down street past my car which was park front of club.not best place park if had intented to drive home.as i walk quicky down ftrom club,i could see guys that started on me at road end.laura voice message started go threw head,wat if these guys were waitin for me walk past. jump me put me in car.do me in. as said her x wanted me gone. i walk back toward club and jump in my car.panicing,only thing in my head was get home to wife, i starting think the worst, so i start car. thought i drive just round corner.park. remember my house is just five mins away.my car was facing club so i have to make u turn to get home,i didnt want to cause attention to other car so as i made u turn,i kep lights off,until facing other way. i wasnt 2 metres up road to light flashin behind me,was going drive harder,but realise i rather be in town with people around than drive on and be put off road.so i pulled over straight round corner,i jump out of car with every intention to run towards club again as always police around.to my shock it was police,they ordered me back in car.ask if i been drinkin. i said yes 3 pints but last 1 finish 5 mins ago. as i need to get home to my pregant wife. that 3 pints over 4 hours.i didnt tell them about car or guys standin cause last thing i wanted was a x put against me in new town.when im startin family.didnt want them questioning them cause they know was me. i readin was 56. i was done. next day i got home to worried wife. she told me she got a call to say i was going away for ever. she couldnt get me so phone police and told them were i was my name, she was worry about me and there was change something bad could happen. i truelly believe i got in car for rite reasons.can i use this as a defence as i feared for my life.cops have record of my wife phoning station 1 hour before i was done. would this prove that i was scare and just wanted hiome.her call to station making cops aware i was in trouble will prove im not lieing about any of it as call was made before cops did me. i was done for dui 7 sevens ago as well. young and stupid, im married man now, my life will be over if cant keep license. i drive van for kwif fit. license gone .jod gone.house gone. baby be here 3 weeks too. to add to it all. he will fight for custoly when finds out done for dui.no job cant look after own family. help me please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately drink driving carries a compulsory disqualification of a minimum of 12 months on conviction. The length of ban increases with the level of alchol present. The Court's will use your reading when sentencing you. The sentencing guidelines are available on this site and suggest that for a reading of 56 ug in breath you are likely to receive a ban 12 - 16 months.

The circumstances that you have presented could enable you to present a defence of duress. This would depend on how well your case is presented to the Magistrates and I would encourage you to be legally represented by a road traffic Solicitor in order to enhance your prospects of success.

If you wanted full advice on your options and about your prospects of mitigating a disqualification then call us on *_08450020736. _*We represent people in any court in England or Wales.

i live in northern ireland,do u have solictors here,or could u recommend one please.i understand people probably used duress as way gettin out of a ban and it is hard to prove their side. but fact that my wife made call to station making police aware of trouble involving her husband safety and were it will happen ,1 hr before affence happened,proves im not making it up as traffic offence hadit even took place yet.police have record of the call. the car was only drove 100 yards to espape the danger.do u think its worth arguing the case?do i stand a chance. any advice wud be great thank u. monty

The defence of duress is usually very difficult to establish. However, you could well have a special reason which, if established to the court's satisfaction, would avoid a ban. You must adduce, in an admissible form, evidence of all the things you mention in court. You may need assistance in doing this.

We do not deal with cases in Northern Ireland.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off