Failure to provide sample at station. Blew 135 roadside

Convicted Driver Insurance
Thank you everyone, that’s one big relief. I’m so thankful I found this group and really appreciate your support and advise. As you probably know situations like this can feel very isolating!

Just to reaffirm you will absolutely walk free. A guy on my course was in pretty much the same situation and refused to give at the station because he knew how drunk/high he was and would likely have been in the custodial bracket. So take solace in that.

You did well… I blew 102 and received 24 reduced to 18, and a slightly higher fine (district judges rather than magistrates for you I guess). I was happy with no community order mind.
It does vary and depends on the judge I suppose. The CPS actually recommended the lower tariff as they had viewed video footage of me attempting to give a breath at the station and could see the distress I was in. I do feel I got off ‘lightly’ in that respect. However, the emotional damage has been huge. Not to mention the expense for the repairs on my car. Worst decision of my life! What an idiot 🙈

It does vary and depends on the judge I suppose. The CPS actually recommended the lower tariff as they had viewed video footage of me attempting to give a breath at the station and could see the distress I was in. I do feel I got off ‘lightly’ in that respect. However, the emotional damage has been huge. Not to mention the expense for the repairs on my car. Worst decision of my life! What an idiot 🙈

All sounds very familiar. And likewise - would never, ever be so stupid again.

Thank you CJ, I appreciate those kind words. As the new term nears I’m getting increasingly anxious. I keep thinking that this time next year it will all be behind me and I can move forward. Until then, I’ve just got to own what I’ve done and try to be a better person. I will NEVER drink drive again. None for the road in the future x
A union rep may be of help as well in the investigation. It may end up with the governors but with a long clean record & no other issues I think they will fight to keep you. Good luck, it’s court plus prof sessional body so double hard for you but as the song goes “ I will survive”

As you are both ‘well-known members’ Are you aware of anyone across these found who have had a custodial sentence in a similar situation to mine?
Hello.

You won't go to prison.

I had a similarly high reading at the roadside, confirmed by the subsequent test at the station. I'd also managed a low speed collision with a (thankfully) empty parked car. Like you, I too was aware that a custodial sentence was a possibility and it completely freaked me out.

I got a 33 month ban (reduced by 33 weeks if I did the driving course, which I did), an HRO designation,150 hours community service and two years supervision by what used to be called the Probation Service, which meant a weekly, then subsequently a monthly meet/phone call with my case officer. I did the community service at a charity shop.

As I left the court and digested the sentence, never has the exhaust-filled air tasted so sweet

Though the sentence was awkward and a hassle and tricky at times, I nevertheless - and this is very weird - look back at dealing with it almost with nostalgia. I met some extremely interesting and nice people on the journey. I was healthier and had more money.

Reading other comments here, it seems that you may well get a more sympathetic response from your employer than you might have imagined. Get a solicitor (they're all much of a muchness, I reckon), communcate the genuine remorse you've expressed here, do the stuff the courts give you to do and move on. Don't drink and drive.

You're not a bad person. Thankfully no-one was injured or worse. Life will go on and you will get through to the other side of what I know is an extremely unpleasant and stressful experience

Good luck.

P.S. I still work as a volunteer at the charity shop.

Hello.

You won't go to prison.

I had a similarly high reading at the roadside, confirmed by the subsequent test at the station. I'd also managed a low speed collision with a (thankfully) empty parked car. Like you, I too was aware that a custodial sentence was a possibility and it completely freaked me out.

I got a 33 month ban (reduced by 33 weeks if I did the driving course, which I did), an HRO designation,150 hours community service and two years supervision by what used to be called the Probation Service, which meant a weekly, then subsequently a monthly meet/phone call with my case officer. I did the community service at a charity shop.

As I left the court and digested the sentence, never has the exhaust-filled air tasted so sweet

Though the sentence was awkward and a hassle and tricky at times, I nevertheless - and this is very weird - look back at dealing with it almost with nostalgia. I met some extremely interesting and nice people on the journey. I was healthier and had more money.

Reading other comments here, it seems that you may well get a more sympathetic response from your employer than you might have imagined. Get a solicitor (they're all much of a muchness, I reckon), communcate the genuine remorse you've expressed here, do the stuff the courts give you to do and move on. Don't drink and drive.

You're not a bad person. Thankfully no-one was injured or worse. Life will go on and you will get through to the other side of what I know is an extremely unpleasant and stressful experience

Good luck.

Hello.

You won't go to prison.

Good luck.

What an excellent post Dave . Thanks. I know exactly what you mean re some positives : I too just got on with it as much as I could. I was spared probation / unpaid work but you clearly got stuck in . Good on you. I got to know my area better and have friends on the bus ! I was fortunate in that no job was in jeopardy , but yes, employers are often understanding . The thing I feel I can guarantee is that after Court , it all gets better .

A union rep may be of help as well in the investigation. It may end up with the governors but with a long clean record & no other issues I think they will fight to keep you. Good luck, it’s court plus prof sessional body so double hard for you but as the song goes “ I will survive”
Thanks January,

luckily, I have a good relationship with my boss and he is supportive. My union are involved and have been good too. The worst thing is parents and kids know what happened and I feel such guilt and remorse and shame from it.
But, I am turning my lifestyle around. I walk more and I’m positive about what this whole dreadful experience will teach me. It’s been life changing but I am determined it will change my life for the better in the long run x

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off