Failure to produce sample

Convicted Driver Insurance
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes l did. The paramedic advised me against it in the presence of police officers. She told to trust her advise and she offered to tell them to contact them give any evidence if required about refusing blood tests
She insisted strongly and repeatedly as she kept coming to check on me

Yes l did. The paramedic advised me against it in the presence of police officers. She told to trust her advise and she offered to tell them to contact them give any evidence if required about refusing blood tests
Are you sure this was a paramedic? A paramedic can't advise that you refuse to provide a blood sample. Their opinion would carry no weight in court.

When at hospital the doctor in charge of your care must provide their consent for a blood sample to be taken, by another doctor or medical practitioner who is not responsible for your care. If the doctor responsible for your care doesn't allow a blood sample to be taken then no sample can be taken and you can't be charged with failure to provide.

So if this was a paramedic you could still be charged. If it was a doctor responsible for your care you can't be.

I’m a little confused and agree with mrturk. A paramedic would not keep on checking on you once at the hospital- when you are handed over to A&E staff that’s the end of their participation. Also they have no power when it comes to advising regarding blood samples.

I’m also very surprised that given your reasoning for a deliberate crash, you didn’t sustain any injuries (thank goodness) or that you weren’t assessed by the Mental Health Team before being discharged. Attempting suicide is a major thing and I hope you got and are getting the help you need. I hope your insurance company do not come down to hard on you for any damage caused.

Tbh: Failure to provide charges are the least of your problems if you are suffering suicidal ideation and I would definitely address that first. I wish you luck in your journey.

She insisted strongly and repeatedly as she kept coming to check on me
London89

I have been reading your story on the other thread and I'm sorry you are going through a hard time at present.

Regarding the circumstances of what you have described, as you were in a collision in your car and required medical treatment, the police should not request a breath sample from the roadside nor should they take you to police custody straight away.

The police should follow the hospital procedure, where you are taken to A&E and the hospital doctor in charge of you on admission authorises the police to take a blood sample, then you have to agree to provide a blood sample.

If you refuse this request for blood in the hospital, the police can still charge you with failing to provide. The paramedic was correct in their guidance at the roadside that you don't provide anything (breath or blood) until you have arrived at hospital.

However, once in A&E their responsibility for you ends when you have been through triage and have been formally admitted by a nurse. Unfortunately, paramedics are waiting with their patients for hours now in A&E queues because hospitals are so busy and there are no beds.

I take it the said paramedic was still responsible for you in A&E because of the long wait?

CJ

Last edited:
London89

I have been reading your story on the other thread and I'm sorry you are going through a hard time at present.

Regarding the circumstances of what you have described, as you were in a collision in your car and required medical treatment, the police should not request a breath sample from the roadside nor should they take you to police custody straight away.

The police should follow the hospital procedure, where you are taken to A&E and the hospital doctor in charge of you on admission authorises the police to take a blood sample, then you have to agree to provide a blood sample.

If you refuse this request for blood in the hospital, the police can still charge you with failing to provide. The paramedic was correct in their guidance at the roadside that you don't provide anything (breath or blood) until you have arrived at hospital.

However, once in A&E their responsibility for you ends when you have been through triage and have been formally admitted by a nurse. Unfortunately, paramedics are waiting with their patients for hours now in A&E queues because hospitals are so busy and there are no beds.

I take it the said paramedic was still responsible for you in A&E because of the long wait?

CJ
Thank you very much. I was admitted straight away. For some reason everything of mine was fast track.

London89

CJ
5 hours from accident to discharge as stated on their other post is lightning fast and this includes a MH assessment at the weekend too!! Definitely not the long waits being reported on the news right now.

5 hours from accident to discharge as stated on their other post is lightning fast and this includes a MH assessment at the weekend too!! Definitely not the long waits being reported on the news right now.

The hospital in question in must be in some back water somewhere or maybe it's a Bupa hospital? You wouldn't even get past triage in 5 hours in the current climate with the state of most (if not all) NHS A&E departments.

CJ

All because jon had no gou

The hospital in question in must be in some back water somewhere or maybe it's a Bupa hospital? You wouldn't even get past triage in 5 hours in the current climate with the state of most (if not all) NHS A&E departments.

CJ
Exactly. To be seen and discharged by MH alone is un heard of as is the Ambulance story. I hope London89 gets the help they need because it doesn’t add up.

Exactly. To be seen and discharged by MH alone is un heard of as is the Ambulance story. I hope London89 gets the help they need because it doesn’t add up.
You do realise that it varies from hospital to hospital right?

Honestly this thread has been entirely toxic, and not because of the OP. Hard not to imagine some of you are either employees of the DVLA or police trying to destroy this forum from the inside.

You do realise that it varies from hospital to hospital right?

Honestly this thread has been entirely toxic, and not because of the OP. Hard not to imagine some of you are either employees of the DVLA or police trying to destroy this forum from the inside.
Thank you

I genuinely thought that my experience would enlighten people that some procedures are different for different people. I would have really loved to share my journey on the forum but people have decided that I am lying.
An update is that l have lawyered up and pleading not guilty when the court summons come which is likely to be next year. Up to now l have not been charged or called to the police station.

I genuinely thought that my experience would enlighten people that some procedures are different for different people. I would have really loved to share my journey on the forum but people have decided that I am lying.
An update is that l have lawyered up and pleading not guilty when the court summons come which is likely to be next year. Up to now l have not been charged or called to the police station.
Diversity in thought in a forum indicates strength.

Diversity in thought in a forum indicates strength.
As I type this lying in bed I just saw on local Facebook groups and the local newspaper that l was arrested and summoned to court for failure to provide. Up to now l never knew that social media and newspapers make things up. I now genuinely feel sorry for people who are hounded by the media because I now see that a lot of stories are made up.

Confused again! You have said in other posts that you were given a sheet saying you failed to give samples. The police have six months to charge you and give a court date. You don’t have to go to the station for this to happen. Good luck with your not guilty plea even though you know you were drunk driving. Just a heads up; if you are found guilty you will be penalised for your not guilty plea. Don’t forget either the police have body cams so everything you did or said will have been recorded. I wish you well in your journey and hope you are not paying over the odds for your legal costs.

Confused again! You have said in other posts that you were given a sheet saying you failed to give samples. The police have six months to charge you and give a court date. You don’t have to go to the station for this to happen. Good luck with your not guilty plea even though you know you were drunk driving. Just a heads up; if you are found guilty you will be penalised for your not guilty plea. Don’t forget either the police have body cams so everything you did or said will have been recorded. I wish you well in your journey and hope you are not paying over the odds for your legal costs.
If possible go over the post and copy and paste or screenshot where l said l was given a sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off