Failed breathalyzer after crash

Convicted Driver Insurance

Mike

Well i was a right plonker/idiot and after a stressfull night with the 'ex' and no where to stay and 4/5 pints later from 12ish that night , i decided to drive home at around 5.30/5.45am when i felt 'ok' , it was the wrong thing to do and i can't excuse it at all and wish i just stuck it out or walked home.

Anyway as I was nearing home , a van came round a sharp corner on my side of the road, full beams and left me no where to go, so before i knew it.. i woke up air bags had gone off and i was in a state of shock, climbed out of car, went over to van, was Lhd and all occupants had fled ( was told later that it was full of stolen red diesel)

after the crash i walked up the road as i couldn't find my phone in the car, and no cars had come in the past 20 minutes or so. I got to the nearest house and knocked on the door but no reply, i then saw sirens by the crash in the distance so i walked back..( probably took about an hour or so in this time) and talked to the policemen stating i was the driver and was breathalyzed and failed the breathtest with 55mg.

At police station i failed with 54mg , the policemen who breathalyzed me oddly said to me i should of been ok if i didnt come back to the scene at the policestation.

anyway all is in the past, i regret my mistake deeply as i love driving and race in my spare time but i obviously got my justice when some crook drove into me.

This will be my first offence, and i have been driving less then 2 years. (21 months).

what can i expect? the police officer also gave me some alcohol course number to ring within 24 hours which i have done.. and they have given me an appointment? it says in the leaflet it can reduce my charges, but i thought this was only offered at court?

thanks

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off