Failed at roadside but passed at station (Insurance?)

Convicted Driver Insurance

michael24710

I have been researching for a good while for an answer to this question, however it seems most of the literature regards those who have actually been convicted of drink driving where as I was fortunate enough to avoid criminal charges.

About 3 months ago, I was involved in a car accident, where both cars were written off. According to admiral as I was crossing the junction at a give way line, I am at fault, however there was an eye witness who told the police that the other driver was at fault and driving like a 'lunatic.' Despite this I failed a breathlyser test on the roadside. I don't know what the reading was at the scene, but the policeman told me it was a close fail. Upon getting to the station, I blew 0.31.

Although I do not need to worry about driving bans etc, I am concerned that Admiral could use this as an excuse not to pay out for the accident, or worse chase me for the third party costs. When I contacted Admiral asking them why I hadn't heard from them up to now, all they could tell me is that they were waiting on the police report. (How long should that take).

Any advice regarding this would be welcome.

I have been researching for a good while for an answer to this question, however it seems most of the literature regards those who have actually been convicted of drink driving where as I was fortunate enough to avoid criminal charges.

About 3 months ago, I was involved in a car accident, where both cars were written off. According to admiral as I was crossing the junction at a give way line, I am at fault, however there was an eye witness who told the police that the other driver was at fault and driving like a 'lunatic.' Despite this I failed a breathlyser test on the roadside. I don't know what the reading was at the scene, but the policeman told me it was a close fail. Upon getting to the station, I blew 0.31.

Although I do not need to worry about driving bans etc, I am concerned that Admiral could use this as an excuse not to pay out for the accident, or worse chase me for the third party costs. When I contacted Admiral asking them why I hadn't heard from them up to now, all they could tell me is that they were waiting on the police report. (How long should that take).

Any advice regarding this would be welcome.

It is impossible to say how long the police report will take. Unfortunately there is very little you can do at the moment apart from wait until admiral have received the report, they should then contact you to let you know how things are going to proceed. This thread may provide you with some useful information.

Keep us updated with any progress as it may help someone else who find themselves in a similar situation in the future.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off