EU travel

Convicted Driver Insurance

Avantime

Well Known Member
I am planning to go to France next week for a short holiday. Obviously I won't be driving. My concern is whether I will have any difficulties gaining entry with a drink drive conviction? I know there are issues with entry to the USA.

I am planning to go to France next week for a short holiday. Obviously I won't be driving. My concern is whether I will have any difficulties gaining entry with a drink drive conviction? I know there are issues with entry to the USA.
You will be absolutely fine. You are allowed to enter France for up to 90 days without a visa so have no reason to declare it. Your passport contains no link with your criminal record and the French are not able to access our UK police national computer.

The EU is bringing out ETIAS, an electronic visa waiver like the US ESTA, at some point in 2025. That will ask you about your convictions but is currently not operational so nothing you need to worry about for now.

You will be absolutely fine. You are allowed to enter France for up to 90 days without a visa so have no reason to declare it. Your passport contains no link with your criminal record and the French are not able to access our UK police national computer.

The EU is bringing out ETIAS, an electronic visa waiver like the US ESTA, at some point in 2025. That will ask you about your convictions but is currently not operational so nothing you need to worry about for now.
Thanks for the reassurance.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off