Electric Bikes

Convicted Driver Insurance
What's your budget? They go from a few hundred to a few thousand!

You also need to consider how far you are likely to go, how hilly it is around you, how heavy you are, whether you have somewhere secure to lock it if you are taking it to work, etc.

Finally, work out if you want one because it has a motor, or because you want to go fast. Adaptations aside, a racing bike will be faster almost everywhere except steep hills and cheaper too. With an electric bike when you aren't using the motor you're having to lug around all the extra weight too.

Many places do electric bike test loans, maybe try before you buy.

Hi does anyone have an electric bike?
Any recommendations?
Thanks!!

They are mostly peddle assist but that said heaps of fun " I find them boring and prefer to graft uphills to reward downhill # if your time limited get one!
Otherwise peddle to the metal

My Bro delimited his to 40mph but cost 3k but like said boring

Oh his was a Scott can travel between 30-50:miles dependant on settings very nice cycle cost 2k but he spent 1k on upgrades

Last edited:
They are mostly peddle assist but that said heaps of fun " I find them boring and prefer to graft uphills to reward downhill # if your time limited get one!
Otherwise peddle to the metal

My Bro delimited his to 40mph but cost 3k but like said boring

Oh his was a Scott can travel between 30-50:miles dependant on settings very nice cycle cost 2k but he spent 1k on upgrades
Mine is just so I can pop to Tesco and the gym which are local to me. Save me waking when it’s raining/cold etc!!

Do you have somewhere secure to keep them? If you're at the gym for a couple of hours then there is a good chance someone will fancy an electric bike too :(

If it's only short journeys occasionally a normal bike will probably be more practical.

Do you have somewhere secure to keep them? If you're at the gym for a couple of hours then there is a good chance someone will fancy an electric bike too :(

If it's only short journeys occasionally a normal bike will probably be more practical.
Thanks for the advice!! You are probably right.

Best lease of life ever. I have the EBCO ECR30. On its second battery now as the first one started to fade off after a few hundred charges. Got it from Halfords for about a grand three years ago and it's done 7,000 miles. Only criticism is the battery lock that secures it under the pannier is easily forceable and, at £500 per battery, it's a case of lugging the extra weight around with you.

With a 15 mile commute to work each way, I could not have kept my job without it as we have no public transport.

Best lease of life ever. I have the EBCO ECR30. On its second battery now as the first one started to fade off after a few hundred charges. Got it from Halfords for about a grand three years ago and it's done 7,000 miles. Only criticism is the battery lock that secures it under the pannier is easily forceable and, at £500 per battery, it's a case of lugging the extra weight around with you.

With a 15 mile commute to work each way, I could not have kept my job without it as we have no public transport.
Thanks for this!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off