Easy Bookings....whoops

Convicted Driver Insurance

Milton

A lady friend called Jane was recently followed and pulled in by the Police after she left the local Miners Institute after an evening celebration of David Bowie’s music.
During the entertainment evening she only drank orange juice and no alcohol at all.
Despite this the Police followed her car and pulled her in even though her driving was excellent.
The Police suspected that Jane had been drinking because they had seen her coming out of the Miners Institute after the David Bowie music celebration.
When the Police pulled her in they breath tested her and found her to be at zero
alcohol breath level.

I therefore realise that the Police cannot tell the difference between the driving standard of a completely sober driver and a driver who is drunk.
I also suspect the Police are pulling drivers for nothing in the hope they can get
an easy conviction to help them meet their targets.
Obviously if road safety was the real issue, the Police would only pull in drivers who were driving badly with blatant impairment.

Interesting point....
Although i dont believe police are deliberately sitting outside pubs watching for people going back to their cars, i do have little story of my own regarding being pulled over for no reason.
Back in the early 90's i was followed for 7 miles by a police car when i was en route to a Little Chef for my usual tea and pancakes. They followed me all the way there and even pulled their car next to mine in the car park. I waited and watched them get out and come across to my car, wound the window down and asked what the problem was and the reason for them following me? I was driving an XR3I which was apparently a make of car favoured by "boy racers" and they wanted to see what i was up to!
What made it funny (if it wasnt so intimidating being followed/questioned) was the fact that when i stepped out of the car, it was abundantly clear i was 9 months pregnant.... hardly "boy racer" material!
They did look very apologetic though lol... but what a waste of police time!

I have seen them parked up outside a pub near Christmas time, possibly waiting for someone to leave.

I have seen them parked up outside a pub near Christmas time, possibly waiting for someone to leave.

Since it took from my offence to exactly SIX months for them to take me to court, I am surprised they werent sitting outside my house every morning as i left to drive to work.!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off