Early return

Convicted Driver Insurance

Gsl83

Hi guys, I’ve been on and off this site for many years!
I’m on my third ban in 10 years luckily didn’t get sent to prison !
I was convicted in December 2019 for the third time - a 5 year ban.
I have admitted I’ve got a alcohol problem and have had the right help and been sober for nearly 3 years and very happy with it!
I’d like some advice about trying to get my licence back early, is it worth it after my history? How do I go about it? Soliciotor or no Solictor?
Thank you for any help

I got my ban lifted early and it was my 3rd 2nd in 10 years if you are totally clean I would definitely go for it
You need to write to the Clerk of the magistrates asking for early return of license listing when you was banned your details and the case number thats step 1 ✌

I have admitted I’ve got a alcohol problem and have had the right help and been sober for nearly 3 years and very happy with it!
I’d like some advice about trying to get my licence back early, is it worth it after my history? How do I go about it? Soliciotor or no Solictor?
Thank you for any help
No solicitor you can do everything yourself

Thank you for any help
I went through this process in 2021, if you are confident enough to present your case in court then a solicitor is not required. In the initial application to the court clerk, I included a letter detailing my remorse for my offence, I’d also taken a couple of courses, one being a drink driving awareness course, as the court didn’t offer it to me. I paid for it privately and it was for educational purposes only as no reduction of sentence could be gained from it. I had also been working for a charitable food bank delivering food parcels to people on foot. I supplied a letter from the charity manager almost begging for me to have my licence back. I supplied CDT tests also. And a job offer. When I went to court, I had a solicitor. But his input was minimal. I could really have done it myself, but I had legal aid so thought “why not?”
Now, the sheriff denied my application, but don’t let this put you off. I had some fairly serious aggravating circumstances. And that’s why he denied it. If it was purely the drink driving charge and no crashes or altercations with police etc or you didn’t refuse a breath test etc, then you stand an average to good chance of being successful. The application must be made to the court where you were sentenced. You may even find yourself facing the same judge or magistrate that sentenced you. But again, don’t let this put you off. There are many on here that have been successful. Good luck, and if I can be of any help on this, feel free to message.
Remember, judges are more likely to return your license early, if that would benefit others rather than just alleviate your inconvenience.

Why not go for it if no solicitor needed? Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Good luck. And well done being sober! :D

Hi guys just a update so rang the courts to chase up on process, they were pretty good to be honest got a court date for the 16th of this month!
I’ve had a medichecks cdt done which came back as 0.8 which I’m suprised of as haven’t drank for nearly three years.
I’m also getting some references together, will probably go without a solicitor.
Any further advice please ?

Hi guys just a update so rang the courts to chase up on process, they were pretty good to be honest got a court date for the 16th of this month!
I’ve had a medichecks cdt done which came back as 0.8 which I’m suprised of as haven’t drank for nearly three years.
I’m also getting some references together, will probably go without a solicitor.
Any further advice please ?
Keep us updated, good luck! Sure you will smash it

Right guys, in court tommorow to try get my ban ended early.
So far I have two references one from the supported accommodation association and one from place or worship plus I will be printing off my CDT blood results from medichecks and a full blood test result also from medichecks which are both clear.
Should I type out a statement from myself too ? Or just speak my mind the best I can at court?
Nervous and bricking it although not sure why!

So far I have two references one from the supported accommodation association and one from place or worship plus I will be printing off my CDT blood results from medichecks and a full blood test result also from medichecks which are both clear.
Should I type out a statement from myself too ? Or just speak my mind the best I can at court?
Written statement or covering statement can’t hurt, stating briefly the source of each statement perhaps.

Other than that, good luck!! 😃😃😃

Good luck for today 🤞

Good luck for today 🤞
Only just seen this abit late to the party a written statement is what I went for good luck 👍

How did you get on @Guygibson
Aced it and it was torture July the 19th the hottest day in UK history was waiting 5hrs to be seen at court the trains were on strike but preparation is the key had 2 references one from work and one from my parents aged 94 just be honest and remorseful ashamed which think we all feel the magistrates I had were really nice and lifted the ban straight away ✌

Aced it and it was torture July the 19th the hottest day in UK history was waiting 5hrs to be seen at court the trains were on strike but preparation is the key had 2 references one from work and one from my parents aged 94 just be honest and remorseful ashamed which think we all feel the magistrates I had were really nice and lifted the ban straight away ✌
The key is, to get in first thing and see the usher first. I did that and was seen first, he mugged me off but that’s the way it goes sometimes. Looked like someone had p****d on his cornflakes, what a scowl he had lol. He tried everything to find a reason to deny my application but my solicitor batted every single reason away. However in the end, it doesn’t matter if you had Jesus as a reference, ultimately it’s at the discretion of the magistrate, or in my case sheriff misery guts 😂

Hii guys! An it’s done! Wow it’s a relief to say the court is lifting my ban from the 1st of December!!!!! Wooohooooo
It was a judge I went up to an he was impressed with the references and how I had changed my life around! Guys it’s possible to do anything when you really want it.
So my understanding now is I can apply for a license and by the time the process gets to dvla my ban will have been ended.!!!!
Thank you everyone on this forum!

Hii guys! An it’s done! Wow it’s a relief to say the court is lifting my ban from the 1st of December!!!!! Wooohooooo
It was a judge I went up to an he was impressed with the references and how I had changed my life around! Guys it’s possible to do anything when you really want it.
So my understanding now is I can apply for a license and by the time the process gets to dvla my ban will have been ended.!!!!
Wheeeeey congrats!!

Well done

Well done, I'm so happy for you. I have to go through the same process in February, been so worried bit this has given me hope. Well done

Well done, I'm so happy for you. I have to go through the same process in February, been so worried bit this has given me hope. Well done
How did you get on Louise?

I am in court tomorrow- have followed a mixed guid from successful applicants on here so 🫰

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off