Early return of D/L on DR10

Convicted Driver Insurance

Sukh

Hi, I would be most grateful, if you would kindly advise me on the process of the early return of a driving licence. I am currently on a driving ban for 42 months for 2 separate incidents running concurrently. My question, is based on the two different dates of conviction below, when would be the soonest I could apply? The details and my reasoning are below;

I believe I may be able to get my licence back at the end of this if year the court will go with my initial conviction date of 17th Dec 20 (Wimbledon). Or if 2nd conviction date 24th May 21.

I believe have good reasons and the strongest points, which meet the main criteria and can be proven an for early return;
  • Providing care and assistance for my 75 year old mother, as its only the two of us living at home and i need to be driving her to appointments, household shopping etc. I have applied for careers allowance if accepted that will no doubt strengthen my case.
  • Sharing the workload with my ex wife with my children (ages 12 & 10), school runs, outside sports & social activities etc.
  • Verified part-time driving work within a food environment with flexible working hours.
  • A good report in in my favor from probation (no breeches).
  • Stayed within the law (no repeat or any other offence committed).
  • Glowing report from ARCH government alcohol rehabilitation. Completely satisfied with my commitments, dedication and personal improvements.
  • My previous voluntary admission into private alcohol rehabilitation on 2 occasions at a personal cost of approximately 25k.
Please see details below, supplied via DVLA;

Dates​

• Start date: 17 Dec 2020
  • End date: 16 Jun 2024
  • Conviction date: 17 Dec 2020
  • Sentencing date: 29 Mar 2021
  • Removal date: 17 Dec 2031
  • Offence details​

• DR10: Driving or attempting to drive with alcohol level above limit
    • Period: 42 months
  • Court​

2577: South West London Magistrates’ Court

Time Restrictions​

A disqualified driver may only make an application to the court for early removal of a driving disqualification once a certain period of time has expired from the date the disqualification order was imposed.
If a driver was disqualified for:
4 years or less - they may make an application for early removal of the disqualification after a period of 2 years.

Thank you so much for your assistance.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off