Early Removal Help

Convicted Driver Insurance

Sophiepow

Hi wondering if anyone can help please?

I received a drink driving ban back in 2016 for failure too provide and then again for drink driving in February 2020.
The first incident I was at home they knocked my door after I had driven home hit nothing but I had been home for half hour approximately and opened a bottle of wine. Unknown too me I didn’t know I could get done for refusal my solicitor said if I had then I wouldn’t have been charged as they couldn’t prove I would have been drink driving.

Second time I massively regret I walked too the pub and back out my pyjamas on realised I left my Louis Vuitton handbag up the pub with my inhaler in and a few hundred pound cash instantly got in my car picked up the bag and drove home and police were in my street as I parked and smelt alcohol on me. They were looking for my ex partner so happened too be in the street he was very abusive too me and ended up going too jail for what he had done too me once they eventually tracked him down that is!

I regret this time in my life so bad the poor decisions I had made, I have turned my life around I recently moved home too my parents and have been much happier and away from all the demons I guess you could say! I don’t go out so I don’t binge drink typically maybe a glass or wine or two in the week and on a Friday usually the pub with my dad for an hour we have 2 pints.

I am wanting early removal of my license, I am unable to get a job as I live in the Valleys in Wales not much job opportunity or much public transport. I’m 27 my parents are late 60’s my mum has heart issues and walking issues so I’d like too do more too help her I believe me driving would be a huge help. I have lots of doctors appointments since I had COVID back in July/August my B12 went dangerously low and have regular injections for that and I also have Asthma and back and forth for another reason. Which my mother has too take me too them all.

I am wanting too start university in August but I’m unable too as I can’t get there because of the public transport around here and the University is probably around an hour drive. It would really help too get my license back and really help my family.

Can anyone help me? Would I have any chance at all? I’ve spoken too a solicitor but he wants £2000 I have seen people on here have done it themselves even with 2 bans. I just believe having it back won’t just help me but help others also. And would love too get a home too home Care job back which I’ve previously done but unable too do without my license.

I really regret my bad decisions and wish I left the bag there until the morning. I just instantly panicked as my ex partner was there he had already by the point bleached and cut most of my possessions.
Please can someone give me some advice?

Thankyou,
Sophie.

The earliest you could apply is February, on the 2nd anniversary of when you were banned.
Even if you are successful, you would then have to apply to DVLA and undergo the medical process which will take months!
Generally the magistrates want to hear about what the benefits are to others by you getting your licence back, rather than how hard things are for you, after all it is meant to be a punishment.
You can apply yourself, and it may well help if you can show that you have been accepted to go to the university rather than saying that it is just an aspiration. Get any supporting information about your mothers health problems, but is seems that she is mobile as she is able to drive you about for your appointments.
The last thing they would want to see is what you have done to address your alcohol intake. We’re you offered the Dring Drive Rehabilitation course last time? It seems that you have not done it, or your licence would be due back in May. If you were offered it, be prepared to be asked why you did not take up the learning opportunity to be more aware of drink driving issues.

You write a letter to the court that disqualified you, with your personal details and the date you were in court (the last one) saying that you wish to apply to the magistrates for your driving licence to be reinstated. Give the reasons for the application as best you can, but it does not stop you from raising any other matters that you think of when you actually get to court.
The Crown Prosecution may raise objections to the application, of their behalf and also the Police. That is why it pays to justify the application as much as you can in the letter because this will be shared with the CPS and police before the hearing. The more persuasive the application, the less likely they will be to object.
The magistrates will also have questions to ask, and then it is their decision to make.

The earliest you could apply is February, on the 2nd anniversary of when you were banned.
Even if you are successful, you would then have to apply to DVLA and undergo the medical process which will take months!
Generally the magistrates want to hear about what the benefits are to others by you getting your licence back, rather than how hard things are for you, after all it is meant to be a punishment.
You can apply yourself, and it may well help if you can show that you have been accepted to go to the university rather than saying that it is just an aspiration. Get any supporting information about your mothers health problems, but is seems that she is mobile as she is able to drive you about for your appointments.
The last thing they would want to see is what you have done to address your alcohol intake. We’re you offered the Dring Drive Rehabilitation course last time? It seems that you have not done it, or your licence would be due back in May. If you were offered it, be prepared to be asked why you did not take up the learning opportunity to be more aware of drink driving issues.

You write a letter to the court that disqualified you, with your personal details and the date you were in court (the last one) saying that you wish to apply to the magistrates for your driving licence to be reinstated. Give the reasons for the application as best you can, but it does not stop you from raising any other matters that you think of when you actually get to court.
The Crown Prosecution may raise objections to the application, of their behalf and also the Police. That is why it pays to justify the application as much as you can in the letter because this will be shared with the CPS and police before the hearing. The more persuasive the application, the less likely they will be to object.
The magistrates will also have questions to ask, and then it is their decision to make.

Firstly I’d like too say thankyou very much for you’re reply I really do appreciate it.

Yes February the 13th I will be able too apply. I have been reading and found that it is an absolute nightmare getting the Medical atm! Mine last time was pretty quick probably down too all this Covid business!

Im going too do so research of when I could apply for University it’s nursing I want too go into so hopefully will be a bit more in my favour as it’s healthcare and their crying out for nurses.

Yes my mum is mobile she broke her foot a few years back and scared of hospitals so never got it seen too so she struggles too walk on it more than anything and out of breath with her heart problems. The solicitor did say too get my parents too write a letter saying how it affects them and how it could also help and benefit them.

I’ve seen posts about people going too have LFT tests? If I’m correct… so do you think that would help my case if I was too go and have them? If so how regular? I had a CDT test in the doctors last time and was drinking regular and past with flying colours. Almost as if I never drink. And when I say regular I mean a glass of wine or two most nights.

I don’t know what too say for the addressing my alcohol issues I wouldn’t say I’m dependant on it at all. During the summer I was out a lot drinking cocktails in the sun. But I don’t think I have a problem I can go without it just drink it for enjoyment. And don’t drink too get smashed. And only go on nights out for birthdays etc which is very rare as I’m more of a homebody especially with this Covid getting bad. But my solicitor said I’m better saying I should say I did have alcohol problems. I was drinking more at the time of the ban as I was struggling with my ex partner and he was a massive drinker in fact an alcoholic. Who now is on tablets and on a time limit from what I hear… maybe I’m in denial how much I drunk back then. But I’ve had all tests recently done lots of blood and none of them show excessive alcohol and everything looks great apart from my B12 levels.

I done the Drink Driving Rehabilitation Course the first time and unfortunately I didn’t get it offered too me this time😔

I think I will try it myself without the solicitor maybe? My parents have said they’re happy too help and too pay for a solicitor? But so many people have done it alone even after 2 bans? What do you think is best?

He also stated the Domestic Violence should help.

I wish this was easy!

I will be in the same situation in June i am going down of the route of paying a solicitor to write the letter with the information I give them as they will be able to word it better than me and will represent myself I have been quoted just 50 pound to write the letter.

I will be in the same situation in June i am going down of the route of paying a solicitor to write the letter with the information I give them as they will be able to word it better than me and will represent myself I have been quoted just 50 pound to write the letter.
That is certainly worth doing, normally a solicitor would not even sign a document for £50, let alone draw one up !!

Well that is such an excellent idea! I think I’m gonna go and do that myself aswell now just get the solicitor too write the letter and I’ll represent myself in court then! Thankyou for the idea! How long was you banned for? I got banned twice! So I don’t think I got much chance!

Well that is such an excellent idea! I think I’m gonna go and do that myself aswell now just get the solicitor too write the letter and I’ll represent myself in court then! Thankyou for the idea! How long was you banned for? I got banned twice! So I don’t think I got much chance!
I got 36 months I got 2 in 10yrs as well,but I am confident AA changed my life as well as needs for work and pensioners parents and daughter moving away can only but try lol

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off