Early license return

Convicted Driver Insurance

Wm1985

Like many others here I made a huge mistake and drove after drinking
In December I lost my job and went to a pub approximately 7 miles from my home with a view to meet self employed friends from yesterday year to find work... I got Chatting and had a few pints, after I jumped in the van and as I got to the edge of the car park saw the police car, they came straight after me and I pulled up immediately. I blew 67 and as such got arrested.
On the 19th of December I was banned for 17 months,I was also fined which I paid and offered the FTC course, I haven’t been able to book a course with all the covid business atm.
min January I managed to go back to the same company I was previously employed by, and get a lift to and from work, not ideal but workable. I’ve been furloughed for a few months but it’s looking likely I may get laid off again.
I have been offered another permanent job by an old family friend but it’s 20miles away.
I’m have a young family and need to provide for and without the facility of driving at the moment I really cannot see me been able to get another job.
Has anyone in a similar position managed to have a ban reduced or even quashed and heavy on point to be able to drive to and from one place of work.
Thanks in advance

The answer is NO ONE! Sorry but the only way to get a reduction in a drink drive ban is after serving half of your ban, but subject to a minimum of 2 years having passed so with a 17 month ban you do not qualify for this.
Your personal hardship (much though I sympathise), cannot be used to secure a reduction.

Are the ttc courses available again yet? Unfortunately I suspected this response, i don’t really deserve sympathy but I could use a time machine at present ??‍♂️

Not yet, awaiting further guidance from the DVSA who regulate the courses.

Not necessarily. I checked after posting this and there is now the go ahead for classroom courses to resume from 13th July in England, but later in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Hi Wm,

I was in a similar situation to you with needing a license to commute to and from work instead of relying on lifts. By this point though, I had already served more than 24 months of a 42 month ban, so I was entitled to apply for a court hearing to state my case for my license to be returned early.

Unfortunately, as Price has quite rightly said, you would have to serve at least either half of your ban or more than 24 months of it for you to even begin to think about getting your license back. It’s sad to say it in such a brutal way, but there are plenty of opportunities that I could have taken if I had a license, but I had to let them go as I was nowhere near the 2 year stage.

MM

Ok well a semi productive afternoon. After 45 minutes on hold and 5 minutes on the phone I managed to get booked on the course and by the skin of my teeth really as I must complete by the 10/11/20 last day of the course is the 30/10/20. So at present I’m hopeful for it to be sorted and back driving on the 13th of January, I made a mistake and won’t be doing it again... now to try and find local work or make 1k last 6months

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off