DVLA written to my GP

Convicted Driver Insurance

Namyah78

Had my medical 11/12 - I said no to all questions except mental health, as I suffer anxiety and I’m on medication for it, however in the last few months my GP and I have been working to lower my dose with the intention of coming off the medication completely.
I fully expected the dvla to write to my GP, which they have and have written to me today to say they have done so, but they’ve not asked me to complete any further paperwork or questions...does anyone know if that’s normal?

Yes, it is normal. The debate will now be about what your GP has said, and what the medical panel think of the risk you pose in having your licence back.
As such, you are just a observer in the process.....

Yes, it is normal. The debate will now be about what your GP has said, and what the medical panel think of the risk you pose in having your licence back.
As such, you are just a observer in the process.....

Thank you for the response, I really appreciate it :)

I am in a similar situation as yourself. The waiting process does not help my mental health! The system seems very wrong
They wrote to my doctor on the 17th of November my ban ran out on the 19th I have rang them several times they have my bloods and medical but not the letter from my gp and now they shut down until the 4 of January the not knowing is killing me.

Morning

I answered 'yes' to the mental health question too during my HRO medical in November. This was because of my previous heavy drinking caused anxiety and depression.

Upon speaking to my GP over the phone on the 18th of this month - she said what the DVLA tend to focus on with the mental health angle is any issues of attempt suicide or self harm. If you have no history of those, generally you should be fine.

I think by the time we see the back of these dam Covid restrictions/lockdowns, at least 50% of the UK population will have some form of mental health issue!!!

CJ

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off