DVLA rules and proof of not drinking for 6 or 12 months

Convicted Driver Insurance
They do normally contact your GP when you apply for your licence back and require a medical. You will have to give details of your alcohol consumption and medication on the medical form they give you as a part of th process and I think you can be sure in your case that they will contact your GP>
Thanks, I am worried i won't get my license back as I have only been sober since March and my medical is August. Hopefully my CDT level is low.

If you are on medication to help with alcohol withdrawal such as librium you will have to show evidence of 12 months of abstainance in order to be re-licenced.

Thanks, I am worried i won't get my license back as I have only been sober since March and my medical is August. Hopefully my CDT level is low.
Have you had any bloods taken for liver functions tests since march ? I applied for my licence 12 months ago and had a reading of 1.7 CDT which was within the guides set by the DVLA. I stated that i had previous issues with alcohol after a serious accident in work.Anyway they wrote to my GP who i had not even visited in over 3 years and he classed me as misuse so licence refused.Made an appointment back in march to document abstaining from alcohol and had my bloods taken this morning (results 2 weeks LFT) blood pressure was perfect. Not sure to apply again now or wait until october as the nurse said i was due for bloods again. The delay of 6 months getting bloods and another few months getting a medical (DVLA) should i apply for my licence again at this time.

No I haven't had any liver function tests since March. I am sure my last GPS visit was March

No I haven't had any liver function tests since March. I am sure my last GPS visit was March
This a a question i ask and bearing in mind i have been in your position.Are you coping day to day without the craving for a drink ? Your on medication (alcohol issues) would it be wise to apply for your licence at this present time or maybe wait a while until you no longer feel the need for medical help. Hate to see anyone fall off the wagon and repeat the same mistake again. 8 years this year without my licence and for 5 years i just felt i was best not to due to still being a heavy drinker.

I am coping well I don't crave alcohol, at all. I am in a much better situation since deciding to quit.
Good place to be and well done.You will need to tread carefully now then due to your medical history showing alcohol issues on your medical record and the fact is recent will not help. A low CDT count below 0.9 and depending what you put down on the forms will determine if you are issued a new licence. Honestly is not always the best policy sometimes with the dvla but i am not suggesting to lie as its an offence but things can be worded in different ways.

Good place to be and well done.You will need to tread carefully now then due to your medical history showing alcohol issues on your medical record and the fact is recent will not help. A low CDT count below 0.9 and depending what you put down on the forms will determine if you are issued a new licence. Honestly is not always the best policy sometimes with the dvla but i am not suggesting to lie as its an offence but things can be worded in different ways.
Thanks ?
Your reply has given me some reassurance.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off