DVLA re-submitting medical questionnaire after medical examination PLEASE ADVISE!!

Convicted Driver Insurance

simplyconfused

Hi all, we're hoping one of you may be able to shed some light please. My partner has just completed an 18 month ban and undergone the DVLA medical. Leading up to the medical, he'd not had a drink in 3 1/2 weeks nor any prescription medication - or recreational for that matter. However, now, almost 3 weeks to the date of the medical, we've had a G1 form resent through saying that the info provided tells them he has another medical condition. There was no indication from the GP who undertook the medical, my partner has only been to the GP once in the last four years and there was nothing we put on the forms the first time around that would be different from this time around. Basically, what does the DVLA blood sample test for (apart from the enzymes and liver inflammation), do they test for conditions like Diabetes (a family member has Diabetes but my partner has not been tested - could this be an issue/detected?) and has anyone else had a similar experience? Could this be a clerical error?

Hi all, we're hoping one of you may be able to shed some light please. My partner has just completed an 18 month ban and undergone the DVLA medical. Leading up to the medical, he'd not had a drink in 3 1/2 weeks nor any prescription medication - or recreational for that matter. However, now, almost 3 weeks to the date of the medical, we've had a G1 form resent through saying that the info provided tells them he has another medical condition. There was no indication from the GP who undertook the medical, my partner has only been to the GP once in the last four years and there was nothing we put on the forms the first time around that would be different from this time around. Basically, what does the DVLA blood sample test for (apart from the enzymes and liver inflammation), do they test for conditions like Diabetes (a family member has Diabetes but my partner has not been tested - could this be an issue/detected?) and has anyone else had a similar experience? Could this be a clerical error?

It is impossible to guess as to what other medical condition they have discovered. Diabetes is classed as a medical condtion which can affect a persons fitness to drive and it may have been discovered via the blood sample. Several other conditions can also affect a persons fitness to drive, these are outlined in the DVLA's 'At a glance guide to the current medical standards of fitness to drive' which can be viewed here.

Have you tried contacting the GP who undertook the medical for more information?

It is impossible to guess as to what other medical condition they have discovered. Diabetes is classed as a medical condtion which can affect a persons fitness to drive and it may have been discovered via the blood sample. Several other conditions can also affect a persons fitness to drive, these are outlined in the DVLA's 'At a glance guide to the current medical standards of fitness to drive' which can be viewed here.

Have you tried contacting the GP who undertook the medical for more information?

Hi and thanks for your reply and advice. After speaking with the DVLA this morning, they'd told him he had submitted information saying he had limited movement in his left foot! Which is not the case at all and the notes the advisor was reading out was not what we'd submitted - it seems the DVLA have messed up (yet again - they've given him dafft information all through the process of getting the licence back) and he now has to fill out the forms again with a covering letter stating that he has no condition at all etc.

Has anyone else had multiple hassles?

hi ,I am also having trouble with re-gaining my licence . I use cannabis recreationally and have been sent another medical questionnaire
asking about this consumption. was wondering if the blood test had picked this up or if my GP may have informed DVLA and also would admitting to using this would stop me re-gaining my licence...... many thanks

The blood sample is only tested for CDT levels, not drugs. If cannabis had been suspected at the medical then a urine sample would have been required.
If you have told your doctor about use of cannabis previously then that is probably where the information has come from.
Your problem may be if you put 'no' on the initial questionnaire when asked about drug use.... DVLA may take the view that you have tried to deceive them and not give you an easy ride to get your licence back. I see quite a few people on here saying to just put 'No' to every answer on the questionnaire, but it can come back on them if information is then forthcoming from your GP or another source.
I would be inclined, before you fill in the second questionnaire, to ask your GP if he has had an enquiry from DVLA, and what was disclosed. After all, it is from your medical records, so you are entitled to know what was said about you.

The blood sample is only tested for CDT levels, not drugs. If cannabis had been suspected at the medical then a urine sample would have been required.
If you have told your doctor about use of cannabis previously then that is probably where the information has come from.
Your problem may be if you put 'no' on the initial questionnaire when asked about drug use.... DVLA may take the view that you have tried to deceive them and not give you an easy ride to get your licence back. I see quite a few people on here saying to just put 'No' to every answer on the questionnaire, but it can come back on them if information is then forthcoming from your GP or another source.
I would be inclined, before you fill in the second questionnaire, to ask your GP if he has had an enquiry from DVLA, and what was disclosed. After all, it is from your medical records, so you are entitled to know what was said about you.
I no this is a older thread but thought id ask ..When filling in the forum to reapply for my license (hro) i answered no to all questions , i was under the impression most meant drink so answered no . However i am prescribed certain amount of meds ..I will be telling the dvla doctor about these of course but could this cause me hassle by not ticking (yes) to dependency ..I did not even think about it as ive been on the meds so long .

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off