DVLA Medical - was I too honest?

Convicted Driver Insurance
If I admitted to taking cocaine in the medical for alcohol will dvla make me do a drugs test I said I can’t remember when I last had itvwitch is not a lie

If I admitted to taking cocaine in the medical for alcohol will dvla make me do a drugs test I said I can’t remember when I last had itvwitch I think before anyone can answer your question a few need asking . When you say you can't remember when you used last that could be you can't remember because it's a long time ago or you can't remember cause it was recently and can't remember how recently .. I'll say one thing for sure , if you have genuinely told the Dr at your medical for Alcohol related DUI only and not Drugs or both , they will want a urine sample , if it is a long while since you had a dabble you've sadly to say opened a can of worms

It was so long ago and I was only doin a medical for alcohol not drugs as I hardally ever use so iv 4 weeks TIL I get it back so I won’t get it I’ll have to do a urine test that what your saying

It was so long ago and I was only doin a medical for alcohol not drugs as I hardally ever use so iv 4 weeks TIL I get it back so I won’t get it I’ll have to do a urine test that what your saying
Yes , on the plus side though your GP will not have ticked you've used drugs in the past ( if you haven't told him before the medical) , he or she has a Duty of care to inform DVLA , regardless of patient confidentiality they as Doctors have to inform DVLA of any history of drug use be it prescription meds that have not been prescribed, e.g. Benzodiazepines, Opioids , Pregablin , these are commonly abused prescription meds . Different though if you are prescribed them and they don't impair your ability , fitness to drive . I think what I'd myself do is to ring DVLA , say you didn't tick you used drugs because it's over Two years or Three since you tried it one night as a one off and never gave it a second thought . Go on to say then" I was truthful to the examining Dr who out of the blue asked you and you were put on the spot and was honest . E.g. If someone asked me on a form have I ever had a fit or blackout through alcohol in the last three years I'd cross No ! Then I'm at my medical , Dr Doolittle asked me have I "ever had a fit/seizure or blackout " ( not adding a time scale ) id be like you , id naturally say Yes , 20 years ago , I lost a week out of a month in a binge . That will have opened up a different door and id be Blood tested , the notes aren't on my medical records so my GP will be informed for his records , and the DVLA will want evidence I hadn't stopped drinking a couple of weeks just because id got my medical . So seriously bud id pick the phone up to the medical dept at DVLA , explain you have genuinely not ticked used drugs because it was that long ago and you just did what many people have in the past , tried it , didn't like it , end of ! The phone call could save a lot of hold ups and even be irrelevant , totally you could be worrying for nothing .. Keep me posted bud , pick the phone up , it's better knowing than not knowing , if they want a sample of urine , you've got nothing to hide , I'm old fashioned and always said Honesty is the best policy , white lies , I've seen plenty people's white lies turn Black ! Good luck bud

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off