Convicted Driver Insurance

knoker1234

Hello

And thanks for reading

I was banned for two years in 2001

I was 95MG and only held a provisional Licence

13 Years later i have decided in wish to drive

A few weeks ago i sent off my Form and the £90 Fee

Today i received a Letter , and phoned the doctor and booked in for tomorrow morning

I am a normal 37 drinking habits’ out with my mates once twice a month , last went out about 3 weeks ago

Not had a drink since and have been on Milk tablets

Do you think i am going for the medical too soon , I have no Prior Alcohol miss use issues and haven’t seen my doctor in many many years

Also While in am waiting for there Descion can i get me Licence Number to Book my theory test ?

And get some lessons ?

Have i gone for the test too soon>?

Hello

And thanks for reading

I was banned for two years in 2001

I was 95MG and only held a provisional Licence

13 Years later i have decided in wish to drive

A few weeks ago i sent off my Form and the £90 Fee

Today i received a Letter , and phoned the doctor and booked in for tomorrow morning

I am a normal 37 drinking habits’ out with my mates once twice a month , last went out about 3 weeks ago

Not had a drink since and have been on Milk tablets

Do you think i am going for the medical too soon , I have no Prior Alcohol miss use issues and haven’t seen my doctor in many many years

Also While in am waiting for there Descion can i get me Licence Number to Book my theory test ?

And get some lessons ?

Have i gone for the test too soon>?

Hiya,

From what you have said I would be surprised if your results were anything other than within normal range for the DVLA as I think it picks up regular large quantities being consumed, on my private result it just said No excess alcohol intake in the past week, but if you haven't drunk for 3 and don't usually drink regularly I would be very surprised if this showed an issue......from others who have been through similar and drunk far more regularly I would hope you will be absolutely fine :)

I cant comment on the rest as I have no idea sorry....

Best of luck....
Moodle

Hiya,

From what you have said I would be surprised if your results were anything other than within normal range for the DVLA as I think it picks up regular large quantities being consumed, on my private result it just said No excess alcohol intake in the past week, but if you haven't drunk for 3 and don't usually drink regularly I would be very surprised if this showed an issue......from others who have been through similar and drunk far more regularly I would hope you will be absolutely fine :)

I cant comment on the rest as I have no idea sorry....

Best of luck....
Moodle

Thanks

Was in and out in 30 mins

top doctor

Doc dident have my paperwork as i only got the DVLA letter yesterday

Quick call to DVLA and they Faxed over What he needed

Quick chat , on drinking , Blood Sample .

How tall are you ? How much do you Weight?

No eye test , no Liver Feeling nothing , no urine sample

£98.50 and handshake and goodbye

what was i scared about !

Ask if i needed to have eye test or a feel of my Liver , Said if i wanted an eye test go to Specsavers , and that he used Comon sense and i was fine

Lets just hope the results are as good :)

And get some lessons ?

Knoker1234
you need to contact DVLA and ask them for a 'section88' authority to drive' which then entitles you to drive while the medical process goes through. This letter from them will include your drivers licence number..... Perhaps you will then need some driving lessons to get back into shape after your long lay off.
One other thought, did you sent a photo with your D1 application form? Your old photo will be out of date now.

And get some lessons ?

Knoker1234
you need to contact DVLA and ask them for a 'section88' authority to drive' which then entitles you to drive while the medical process goes through. This letter from them will include your drivers licence number..... Perhaps you will then need some driving lessons to get back into shape after your long lay off.
One other thought, did you sent a photo with your D1 application form? Your old photo will be out of date now.

Thanks

I did , include a Photo

I will certinaly need some lessons as ive never passed test.

looks like ill just have to wait as the ~theroy test need you Licence , to take the test

:(

Thanks

Was in and out in 30 mins

top doctor

Doc dident have my paperwork as i only got the DVLA letter yesterday

Quick call to DVLA and they Faxed over What he needed

Quick chat , on drinking , Blood Sample .

How tall are you ? How much do you Weight?

No eye test , no Liver Feeling nothing , no urine sample

£98.50 and handshake and goodbye

what was i scared about !

Ask if i needed to have eye test or a feel of my Liver , Said if i wanted an eye test go to Specsavers , and that he used Comon sense and i was fine

Lets just hope the results are as good :)

hahaha sounds like you had a super doctor that has clearly done so many tests he could see just by looking at you you're fine :) I guess some are more rigorous as mine was although lovely, nice to see some humour thrown in there too :) I'm sure you'll be ok :)
Moodle

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off