DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
By having no experience I mean from being swabbed, I've had a urine test because I admitted to benzo use during my ban, I've been waiting 6.5 months for my urine sample to be processed, I have heard someone else having to wait 10 months. Good luck I hope you just need a blood sample
If you don’t mind me asking, the original letter from the DVLA regarding the testing was that just for blood?

If you don’t mind me asking, the original letter from the DVLA regarding the testing was that just for blood?
No, mine was a form the psychiatrist filled out, after it was filled I immediately received a letter to book a medical for a urine test.

I accidentally sent £65 instead of £90 as I didn't realise HROs had to pay more. I've sent the extra 25 yesterday. However, I'm now scared I've just added another month or two onto my application. Has anyone had any experience of this?

I accidentally sent £65 instead of £90 as I didn't realise HROs had to pay more. I've sent the extra 25 yesterday. However, I'm now scared I've just added another month or two onto my application. Has anyone had any experience of this?
Oh dear,
Given the chaos with the post being dealt with at DVLA, you may well find that they open your application with £65 payment and then reject it because of insufficient payment. Another letter sent with a further payment a few days later may well not be opened until a few days later……….and too late to prevent the rejection. Even if they pause the application and write to you, it is still likely to cause a delay.
How long after the first application did you send the second ‘top up’?

They likely will return your application along with the wrong fee as soon as they start to process your application. The extra 25 you sent will now likely just be sitting in a pile with the thousands of other letters to be opened. You should have sent a fresh new application with £90 and waited for the incorrect one including fee to be returned. This will likely set you back to fresh application stage.

Oh dear,
Given the chaos with the post being dealt with at DVLA, you may well find that they open your application with £65 payment and then reject it because of insufficient payment. Another letter sent with a further payment a few days later may well not be opened until a few days later……….and too late to prevent the rejection. Even if they pause the application and write to you, it is still likely to cause a delay.
How long after the first application did you send the second ‘top up’?
I replied the day after I received it. They did say if they didn't hear from me within 21 days my application would be cancelled. At least this time the envelope they sent to me to use was addressed to the medical department.

They likely will return your application along with the wrong fee as soon as they start to process your application. The extra 25 you sent will now likely just be sitting in a pile with the thousands of other letters to be opened. You should have sent a fresh new application with £90 and waited for the incorrect one including fee to be returned. This will likely set you back to fresh application stage.
They did get in touch with me to send a further 25 so surely they wont cancel the whole application. Only if if they don't hear from me in 21 days

Yes you are right. It wasn’t clear from your post that DVLA had invited the further payment, I was thinking that you had submitted an application, then realised a week or two later that the wrong amount had been sent so sent another payment.
You will still fact the obstacle of delay with the post being opened but as they are awaiting the ‘top up’ money then they should be linked OK.
I note that you said they wanted the money ‘within 21 days’ but that should be flexible as they understand the postal delays they face.

Yes you are right. It wasn’t clear from your post that DVLA had invited the further payment, I was thinking that you had submitted an application, then realised a week or two later that the wrong amount had been sent so sent another payment.
You will still fact the obstacle of delay with the post being opened but as they are awaiting the ‘top up’ money then they should be linked OK.
I note that you said they wanted the money ‘within 21 days’ but that should be flexible as they understand the postal delays they face.
phew thank you

Hi everyone, i took the drink driving course so it would enable me to have my license back 18th of July last year, I had my medical eventually on the 17th of November, I rang in December and they said they hadn’t received my paperwork from the doctors that I had my medical, I then rang them for them to tell me they had been sent the same day as my bloods (which they had received). I then later rang and dvla said they had received blood results and the paperwork required and it would now be looked at and is just a case of waiting, now it’s nearly the end of January and still no license.. how long is everyone having to wait to receive their results? Seems like it’s a never ending wait..

I replied the day after I received it. They did say if they didn't hear from me within 21 days my application would be cancelled. At least this time the envelope they sent to me to use was addressed to the medical department.
Hi BojoJohnson123. Do you have the actual address of the medical department? I only have the generic envelope from the post office.

SA99 1TU is the post code for the Medical Department at the DVLA…..it’s different to their normal post code, so better to use this to prevent delays, or worse still, risk your correspondence being lost in the system.

The problem with that is until DVLA have requested the form to be completed, there is no arrangement for it to be paid for…. DVLA make the formal request, doctor complies and sends invoice, DVLA pay.
Doing it ourself would not get payment for the GP so they would not do it as it is not a park of their NHS functions.
Just a question, if I may. Will I be told by DVLA that my GP has been contacted?

That's good news thank a lot. I'll now know when to start chasing him up and suggest we fill in any form together.
What I , and others , found, was that the letters seemed to arrive at GP a good couple of weeks after the DVLA advised they were making contact . You’re spot on with the notion of chasing up or progress chasing . My GP was great and returned form within a day ( had to be resent as DVLA said nor received ) , but others on here have reported really poor GP response times .

If only we could take legal action, I mean once your ban is finished all of us should receive our licences within a month. Over a month is just a joke there letting applications just sit there and doing nothing about it.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off