DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
6 December 2019 Last Drink

27 May 2021 D1 Form Sent

11 Aug 2021 Letter requesting medical received

24 September 2021 Medical completed

22 October 2021 Letter Dated asking for more medical information posted out

16 November 2021 Letter asking for more medical information received by Dr

18 November 2021 Letter sent back from Dr with all information stating misuse last drink date

6 January 2022 Losing the will to live

27 May 2021 D1 Form Sent

18 November 2021 Letter sent back from Dr with all information stating misuse last drink date

Pisstakers

27 May 2021 D1 Form Sent

Judging people's progress at the moment you really shouldn't be too much longer! Keep at them

27 May 2021 D1 Form Sent

My GP has had the DVLA form since the 16th of November and still hasn't returned it. You did well to get yours turned around in 2 days. I applied on the 15th July 2021 and like you, I am losing the will to live. I have tried telling the GP receptionists that without a license I can't apply for jobs, but all they keep telling me is that there is a backlog and they only complete these forms when they 'have the time.'

My GP has had the DVLA form since the 16th of November and still hasn't returned it. You did well to get yours turned around in 2 days. I applied on the 15th July 2021 and like you, I am losing the will to live. I have tried telling the GP receptionists that without a license I can't apply for jobs, but all they keep telling me is that there is a backlog and they only complete these forms when they 'have the time.'
I had the same problem with my g.p I was told that they have to complete the forms within 6 weeks as it’s not nhs work they had mine for 8-9 weeks I ended up putting in motion a formal complaint believe it or not my form was completed that day!!! Just a suggestion

I had the same problem with my g.p I was told that they have to complete the forms within 6 weeks as it’s not nhs work they had mine for 8-9 weeks I ended up putting in motion a formal complaint believe it or not my form was completed that day!!! Just a suggestion
Not sure about that as I want them on my side. I will be there tomorrow to hand in some samples for analysis so will ask again. Might have worked in my favour as they have done blood tests which showed that my LFT's are fine.

Not sure about that as I want them on my side. I will be there tomorrow to hand in some samples for analysis so will ask again. Might have worked in my favour as they have done blood tests which showed that my LFT's are fine.
Yeah Luna, it's a difficult one I think but I would want them on my side also. I waited exactly 10 weeks to the day for mine to be filled in and I called them every two weeks.
I found out that although I had named my GP on the forms it transpired that it was not him that filled them in for two reasons : although he was the GP I was allocated to and had seen for years he was not actually my registered GP and the form went to my registered GP although I had never ever seen him or was even aware he was my "real" GP.
Secondly, the GP that I do see and who knew me did not get paid for completing the form therefore he did not do these forms.
So it could be one of these reasons Luna.
Interestingly, the GP that I see has previously filled these forms in for me without issue so either he has changed his policy or he did it essentially as a favour. I remember he told me that it took him a long time to go back through my medical notes so I wonder if he has simply said no this time as he wasn't being paid and essentially "punted" it to my registered GP.
Perhaps this could be the case with you also.

Yeah Luna, it's a difficult one I think but I would want them on my side also. I waited exactly 10 weeks to the day for mine to be filled in and I called them every two weeks.
I found out that although I had named my GP on the forms it transpired that it was not him that filled them in for two reasons : although he was the GP I was allocated to and had seen for years he was not actually my registered GP and the form went to my registered GP although I had never ever seen him or was even aware he was my "real" GP.
Secondly, the GP that I do see and who knew me did not get paid for completing the form therefore he did not do these forms.
So it could be one of these reasons Luna.
Interestingly, the GP that I see has previously filled these forms in for me without issue so either he has changed his policy or he did it essentially as a favour. I remember he told me that it took him a long time to go back through my medical notes so I wonder if he has simply said no this time as he wasn't being paid and essentially "punted" it to my registered GP.
Perhaps this could be the case with you also.
Something seems strange there. I would imagine that whichever GP completes the form, that is the GP that will be paid. Unless of course they aggregate all their fees and distribute them evenly across everyone. I was told that only 2 GP's in my practice of about 8 complete these forms and luckily I named one of them as the GP I wanted.

Hi all,

Promised I would update when I was back in the game, and here we are!

06/02/2020: DR10 issued: (2 year ban)
11/03/2021: TTC Course completed (Reducing ban to 18months)
26/06/2021: DR2 license application sent off
23/08/2021: Date car entitlement license should have been returned
04/10/2021: Date lorry entitlement should have been returned
05/10/2021: Called DVLA for update. They explained it was being "processed."
16/10/2021: Advised from my work (I work in transport) that I have a express route into the DVLA if I resend my application due to being lorry driver with an ADR (able to carry fuel, remember that crisis?) including a further £90.
28/10/2021: Most recent application sent back, saying previous application sent in June has been found and processed
10/11/2021: DVLA send me a letter to advise that I can book my medical, including more information
15/11/2021: Medical booked
15/12/2021: Medical undertaken (after 37 days without a drink)
09/01/2022: Rang to ask if they had received everything, which they had.
10/01/2022: Notification to say Full 10 year License including HGV entitlement reissued, will be with me physically by the end of this week and updated online tonight at 12.

I do not know my CDT% score, but once I do I will post that here. It does seem that due to the quick timescale, my GP was not written to.

I feel for everyone who is wishing to undertake a medical and currently can't do so. Hopefully it's positive that within under a month , and the time that has been taken off Christmas, I still received mine within under a month.

So bye but not farewell, as I say I will let you know my full results.

However, thank you to everybody here who's been supportive & informative.

Elsoal

I’ve had enough man, My long ban finished 8th Dec and I had my medical on the 13th Dec, they received the bloods on 16th Dec and up until now still are saying they have not received my medical paperwork from the DVLA doctor just a long wait :’( .

Feels like my ban is never ending, takes like 40 mins to get through to them via that 252 extension and every time the response is have not received the paper work back. It’s not paperwork from the gp it’s the paperwork from the DVLA doctor. Surely they must have received it by now.

I’ve had enough man, My long ban finished 8th Dec and I had my medical on the 13th Dec, they received the bloods on 16th Dec and up until now still are saying they have not received my medical paperwork from the DVLA doctor just a long wait :’( .

Feels like my ban is never ending, takes like 40 mins to get through to them via that 252 extension and every time the response is have not received the paper work back. It’s not paperwork from the gp it’s the paperwork from the DVLA doctor. Surely they must have received it by now.
Me to I’ve sold my car now and I’ll just get on with my life without it like most people I’ve lost work and money my mental health is through the roof with Dvla I’m done hope you get on ok

It took 3 months after my medical for them to issue my licence. In my case they contacted my GP , which prolonged the process. Everyone on here understands the frustrations of the delays .

I had my medical end of June and received my licence back end of October. Please keep the faith.

Damn I won’t be expecting my license anytime soon then, if only everything was online these paper application delays are pathetic. Hope we all get positive updates real soon :D

Damn I won’t be expecting my license anytime soon then, if only everything was online these paper application delays are pathetic. Hope we all get positive updates real soon :D
My grandson application went in in he was due his first lesson on his 17th birthday on November 6th couldn’t have it as he’s provisional still hasn’t arrived

Your ban only ended last month, that's nothing.. my ban ended April and my medical was in July.

My husbands ban was up 9th Dec he had his medical 17th November he’s called and called they just say they are looking at it! They confirmed they have all the paperwork and his bloods. He’s rang his GP to check the dvla haven’t contacted them and they haven’t. It’s so frustrating isn’t it!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off