DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
59 days since I sent my £90 postal order and form to apply for licence. Waiting on letter to inform me which medical centre I can contact to book a medical. I rang through and a very unbelievably rude, un-helpful DVLA employee told me. “We get 70thousand letters a day what do you expect, wait another week then re-apply” what happens to the £90 postal order which equates to £101.25 with Fees

59 days since I sent my £90 postal order and form to apply for licence. Waiting on letter to inform me which medical centre I can contact to book a medical. I rang through and a very unbelievably rude, un-helpful DVLA employee told me. “We get 70thousand letters a day what do you expect, wait another week then re-apply” what happens to the £90 postal order which equates to £101.25 with Fees
It was 75 days before mine was scanned into their system. They receivedy application on the 3/9/21 scanned in on 17/11/21. Still no medical letter. The timeframe’s are getting longer not shorter. It’s very frustrating but I’d keep ringing every week.

Did you send your application recorded delivery? They lost my application that I sent it June 16th. Fortunately I had proof of delivery. Didn’t get no where until September 17th, and it’s been with the medical team since then. Still no further forward it appears. Rang up Wednesday as it’s 10 weeks today, and been told that it’s scanned on the system but no further forward.

It was 75 days before mine was scanned into their system. They receivedy application on the 3/9/21 scanned in on 17/11/21. Still no medical letter. The timeframe’s are getting longer not shorter. It’s very frustrating but I’d keep ringing every week.
Yeah, the medical department have had.my GP report since August 10th and still no word of medical.
That's 16 weeks exactly coming Monday.

I’ve just rang and spoken to the medical team, they said there’s a delay on medical letters going out and can’t give me a timeframe. They couldn’t help any further.

I read somewhere that when you receive the letter it says to wait 4 working day before booking the medical, does anyone know if this is correct?
I think that’s just so the dr has received your details, I’ll be ringing the day I get mine and if they let me make an appointment I’ll make one.

Did you send your application recorded delivery? They lost my application that I sent it June 16th. Fortunately I had proof of delivery. Didn’t get no where until September 17th, and it’s been with the medical team since then. Still no further forward it appears. Rang up Wednesday as it’s 10 weeks today, and been told that it’s scanned on the system but no further forward.
Unfortunately I didn’t send it recorded delivery. So I’m in a difficult situation as it may be lost or it may just be taking some time. What would you recommend I do?

I received a call from DVLA last night telling me I could drive from 12:00am …

They also are refunding my £65 and postal order charge AND SPECIAL DELIVERY FEE !!!
Gobsmacked ….

Medical Oct 2nd
Letter asking for payment Nov 4th
Licence issued 26th Nov
Refunded 26yh Nov

I received a call from DVLA last night telling me I could drive from 12:00am …

They also are refunding my £65 and postal order charge AND SPECIAL DELIVERY FEE !!!
Gobsmacked ….

Medical Oct 2nd
Letter asking for payment Nov 4th
Licence issued 26th Nov
Refunded 26yh Nov
WTF?

Yep exactly.. why send me a request form for payment then refund every single penny. Maybe it’s the 6 complaints I have in 😂😂.. and to ring me twice in a day .
If you get a NO CALLER ID number ring then take a chance and answer.

I still don’t even know my CDT score .

I cannot believe your still in purgatory.. I only came in to see if you had been set free . Yea

Yep exactly.. why send me a request form for payment then refund every single penny. Maybe it’s the 6 complaints I have in 😂😂.. and to ring me twice in a day .
If you get a NO CALLER ID number ring then take a chance and answer.

I still don’t even know my CDT score .

I cannot believe your still in purgatory.. I only came in to see if you had been set free . Yea
Hi, really pleased for you (not) 😋.
That's great with the total refund, I take it you never asked why because of the shock? And phone calls too? Your a special case defo👌
Did ya really only come in to check up on old me? I remember you saying you would so that's very kind of you!
I'm still waiting on medical department who've had GP report 16 weeks this Monday coming and still no word
So, was it a one year issue then?
I can't remember but is this your first?
All the best from Sunny Glasgow!

Hi, really pleased for you (not) 😋.
That's great with the total refund, I take it you never asked why because of the shock? And phone calls too? Your a special case defo👌
Did ya really only come in to check up on old me? I remember you saying you would so that's very kind of you!
I'm still waiting on medical department who've had GP report 16 weeks this Monday coming and still no word
So, was it a one year issue then?
I can't remember but is this your first?
All the best from Sunny Glasgow!
Yes I wanted to let you know as it gives people a bit of hope and timescale comparison, although yours is off the scale.

first offence but was HRO etc etc …

First one year licence yes .

Yes I wanted to let you know as it gives people a bit of hope and timescale comparison, although yours is off the scale.

first offence but was HRO etc etc …

First one year licence yes .
Thanks. I'm genuinely pleased for you.
I'm a hopeless case it seems, I applied on March 10th too.
On my previous licence the medical department made a mistake and I had to reapply again from the very beginning - all the forms and another two medicals all because of their error - nothing to do with me. This was pre Covid and that one took exactly one year as their mistake added 9 months.
This one is already over 8.5 months and no medical yet.
Zero luck with DVLA at all me.
I could have painted the Forth Rail Bridge in that time.
Two coats.
😭♥️🙏✌️

Thanks. I'm genuinely pleased for you.
I'm a hopeless case it seems, I applied on March 10th too.
On my previous licence the medical department made a mistake and I had to reapply again from the very beginning - all the forms and another two medicals all because of their error - nothing to do with me. This was pre Covid and that one took exactly one year as their mistake added 9 months.
This one is already over 8.5 months and no medical yet.
Zero luck with DVLA at all me.
I could have painted the Forth Rail Bridge in that time.
Two coats.
😭♥️🙏✌️
My only advice to you would be to email him (who shall not be named) he is the only option in a case so prolonged as yours ..

My only advice to you would be to email him (who shall not be named) he is the only option in a case so prolonged as yours ..
Hi, that's funny you should say that.
I've noticed maybe two or three posts on here over the past few days that have said he has replied to them about their individual cases (which as we know he had not been) and I had been wondering whether to try.
The issue is that apart from the generic timescale issue there are no reasons for complaint (I think??) and I don't know if there is anything he would be to do.
I would think it might come across as a moan rather than an actual complaint or as an actual issue.
What do you think?
I'm planning to call this Monday as it will be 16 weeks to the day and four weeks since I last spoke to an advisor.
I'm planning to ask about procedure in terms of likelyhood / neccessity of being asked to attend medical or just issuing licence as this would give me more optimism in terms of timescale though I know the advisors cannot make decisions or speak for anyone so I'm at a loss really as to what to do.
If I need to wait for medical, then results, then processing and decision it could easily be February or March or Easter egg time though a lot of recent posts are saying they are getting theirs done quickly.
It's pot luck as they say and I always seem to get the pot with the burned beans or the scrambled egg😋
I'd probably get more luck if I contacted Tim Burton the director, the DVLA are like one of his films atm.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off