DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Frustrating I know. Strange that even the threat of a Level 3 complaint hasn't spurred them into action.
This involves the DVLA actually responding. Had a very helpful chat with the Ombudsmans Office who were very clear that they cannot get involved until the DVLA have replied to a Level 3 complaint. They did reply to my Level 1 and 2 but have been sitting on L3 for months n

he doesn’t reply to general enquiries at all now, after being floods with requests!

I can imagine Mr Burton's corporate inbox has probably 'crashed' given the volume of e-mails he has recieved from people like ourselves over the last few weeks/months.

CJ

My 1st time writing on here and I been reading for a few months I just came off a 3.5 year ban as a high risk ..just thought I'd give sumink back as reading this has helped me a lot and if i can help someone then all gd .its been a nightmare chasing up dvla medical trying to get threw on phone ..only way I could get threw was ring there number click option 1 then keep clicking the option that asks if dvla has told you to contact them ..you will finally speak to some one and they will put you threw to medical team ..another tip is wen you go for car insurance always ask for your start date for as long away as possible and its few hundred pound cheaper ..as you probably all no tho wen u do speak 2 someone be preperd 2 be on hold for an hour ..I got my lisance bak yday but fair play to dvla they take da piss 😤 im done on here now so thank you and gd luck 👍

Hi everyone, I had my medical on the 27th October. I didn’t phone and confirm
Appointment and time with Dvla but I managed to phone today and get through, they have received my blood results and my questionnaire from doctor on the 9th of November. The man I spoke to said they have everything they need it’s just a case of waiting for dvla to update results on website and send me a letter but he didn’t have a time frame for that.
Hi just an update! I received a full license today after checking online! So that was 3 and half weeks since I had my medical and definitely feel lucky with some of the time frames I’ve seen on here.

Hi just an update! I received a full license today after checking online! So that was 3 and half weeks since I had my medical and definitely feel lucky with some of the time frames I’ve seen on here.
Hi, that's great news.
Also good to know they also update at weekends as I wasn't sure until now.
It might be useful to put your timescale in a post.
Thanks
NileR

Not sure if this has been shared before, way easier way to get through call 03001231350
And use extension 252

I get through within 5 minutes every time!
Is that directly through to the medical team? Plus how did you get this number? I've asked for a direct line on numerous occasions and searched for the DVLA phone directory online but can't find anything.

Is that directly through to the medical team? Plus how did you get this number? I've asked for a direct line on numerous occasions and searched for the DVLA phone directory online but can't find anything.
I don't know where he got it from, but found it on a similar group on Facebook, and yes it does go straight through the the medical team. It does actually go through. Try it.

I tried it but the woman/robot says you need to enter a 3 digit code from the website you’re using? What?

Try 252? That’s the extension he gave in the post.
Aww yeah. My finger pressed the wrong number, this number is brilliant. I was basically straight through to an advisor. Told me all my details and results are sitting with him but now they’re just waiting on the questionnaire coming back from my GP. I thought I would’ve received a letter informing me that they would do that, they just do things and not tell you anything , r hopefully it shouldn’t be much longer now, thank you to whoever shares this number

Aww yeah. My finger pressed the wrong number, this number is brilliant. I was basically straight through to an advisor. Told me all my details and results are sitting with him but now they’re just waiting on the questionnaire coming back from my GP. I thought I would’ve received a letter informing me that they would do that, they just do things and not tell you anything , r hopefully it shouldn’t be much longer now, thank you to whoever shares this number
No problem mate

Surprised you didn't receive a letter telling you they were writing to your GP.

I received mine last week. My application was the 15th July and my medical was the 30th September. My ban ended on 12th October, so as you can see it is a slow process.

Hi all ,
Had appointment with Doctor as to why he put me down as alcohol misuse, apparently when I had a routine blood test with the nurse for a b12 injection she. asked me the usual questions about my health and how much do I drink I said I had been away for 4 days playing golf with 20 friends so I said probably about 30 drinks in all. A few weeks later I went for the last of my injections but saw a different nurse she asked the same questions I said I had drank about 10 drinks over the weekend as I was on a stag do in London . So since then I have had a blood test for alcohol as I only drink up to 14 units a week now when the nurse who was doing the blood test asked why I was having the test I told her the story she was gobsmacked as she said if she was tested on a Sunday after going out with her daughters she would have had over 14 units. I have contacted dvla again by e mail and included the ceo got the usual email back we will be in touch by 19 working days so what does Price or big Tom think will happen

Hi all ,
Had appointment with Doctor as to why he put me down as alcohol misuse, apparently when I had a routine blood test with the nurse for a b12 injection she. asked me the usual questions about my health and how much do I drink I said I had been away for 4 days playing golf with 20 friends so I said probably about 30 drinks in all. A few weeks later I went for the last of my injections but saw a different nurse she asked the same questions I said I had drank about 10 drinks over the weekend as I was on a stag do in London . So since then I have had a blood test for alcohol as I only drink up to 14 units a week now when the nurse who was doing the blood test asked why I was having the test I told her the story she was gobsmacked as she said if she was tested on a Sunday after going out with her daughters she would have had over 14 units. I have contacted dvla again by e mail and included the ceo got the usual email back we will be in touch by 19 working days so what does Price or big Tom think will happen
If you ever mention that you drink more than the 14 recommended units per week, then you are leaving yourself open to this type of 'assessment.'

Even when I used to drink normally, a full evenings drinking when out with friends would probably entail about 4 pints and a couple of half's, easily close to 14 units.

Now add on the odd glass of wine during the week etc and you are getting up to 30 units per week, which is what most non alcoholic drinkers consume on a regular basis. Even the nurse taking your blood admitted to that.

Better to simply say you only EVER drink at the weekend and then only 3 glasses of wine.

The system is not geared to honesty, but to safety.

The above by the way is why nearly everyone that drinks and has a 'heavy' night with their friends and then drives before mid afternoon the following day is driving while legally drunk.

If you ever mention that you drink more than the 14 recommended units per week, then you are leaving yourself open to this type of 'assessment.'

Even when I used to drink normally, a full evenings drinking when out with friends would probably entail about 4 pints and a couple of half's, easily close to 14 units.

Now add on the odd glass of wine during the week etc and you are getting up to 30 units per week, which is what most non alcoholic drinkers consume on a regular basis. Even the nurse taking your blood admitted to that.

Better to simply say you only EVER drink at the weekend and then only 3 glasses of wine.

The system is not geared to honesty, but to safety.

The above by the way is why nearly everyone that drinks and has a 'heavy' night with their friends and then drives before mid afternoon the following day is driving while legally drunk.
I understand what you are saying Luna but I think it is a bit unfair as I passed the cdt test in May 0.8 I was not told results till the letter saying I can not drive my ban was up on the 8 May as you can see I am being penalised for being honest

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off