DVLA Medical - Timescale

Convicted Driver Insurance
Chain of custody refers to a system of controls and procedures that document the progress of a sample from the point of collection through the laboratory to its disposal after the results have been accepted. It’s important to note that for random testing the chain of custody process starts from the point at which the donor is chosen. This is to ensure that the donor has been fairly chosen at random and the collection is not undermined, which in turn could affect the validity of the results.
This was copied from a website

Does that mean there was something wrong with my bloods. Am prob been thick lol
Nothing wrong with your bloods, but either the doctor did not sign the label, or the label fell off o something like that. The chain of custody means that your blood has to be confirmed as being the correct sample taken from you from the time it is taken to the time the lab technician opens it to test it and is confident that it has not been tampered with.

A question I haven’t found an answer to. See the online checker thing that tells you what your licence is and when it was issued. Does that update before they send out your physical one?

A question I haven’t found an answer to. See the online checker thing that tells you what your licence is and when it was issued. Does that update before they send out your physical one?
Yeah the online checker updates straight away and then it takes around 5 days to receive your physical licence through the post.

Yeah the online checker updates straight away and then it takes around 5 days to receive your physical licence through the post.
Hi, just to add that DVLA have a team that update the licence checker 24 hours a day so it's worth checking at all hours every day.

Hi all, I had my medical on the 27/10, I didn’t read about having to phone the confirmation line afterwards to let DVLA know about date and time of appointment. Does anyone know if this will delay the process for me? Thanks

Hi all, I had my medical on the 27/10, I didn’t read about having to phone the confirmation line afterwards to let DVLA know about date and time of appointment. Does anyone know if this will delay the process for me? Thanks
No idea but I would certainly do it today, now and then call the medical team number to let them know what you have done (yes, it might take between 20 and 100 attempts to get through, but if you are desperate you will stick at it.)

The Doctors report may well be with them just now and they will be waiting on the CDT results, but any contact cannot hurt.

Let us know what the DVLA say to you please.

Thanks.

No idea but I would certainly do it today, now and then call the medical team number to let them know what you have done (yes, it might take between 20 and 100 attempts to get through, but if you are desperate you will stick at it.)

The Doctors report may well be with them just now and they will be waiting on the CDT results, but any contact cannot hurt.

Let us know what the DVLA say to you please.

Thanks.
I have tried and tried and tried again. It just rings and then hangs up but I will continue to try and see if I get anywhere with it. I will keep you posted thanks.

I have tried and tried and tried again. It just rings and then hangs up but I will continue to try and see if I get anywhere with it. I will keep you posted thanks.
Yep, like I said, 100 times. It will give you a stronger finger if nothing else,

Can anyone help?
just got a letter to go for my bloods again. As the chain of custody request was missing? Honestly it’s actuall
You can do it on line through chat bot . On the contacts page .. medical option. Go through the process and it gives an option to notify of any appointments.

You can do it on line through chat bot . On the contacts page .. medical option. Go through the process and it gives an option to notify of any appointments.
I’ve just looked and they have no web chat operators today !!

This maybe the same with call handlers.. absolute joke of an organisation! You just cannot predict or rely on anything with them .

Sorry I had hoped to help . 🤦🏻‍♂️

I’ve just looked and they have no web chat operators today !!

This maybe the same with call handlers.. absolute joke of an organisation! You just cannot predict or rely on anything with them .

Sorry I had hoped to help . 🤦🏻‍♂️

Attachments

• DF259BA4-A446-4977-A0E1-78AAE41F2F6D.png
    DF259BA4-A446-4977-A0E1-78AAE41F2F6D.png
    191.6 KB · Views: 8
And today it’s been updated to a full
License until Nov 2022.
so the full Timeline.

Background

28th November 2019 charged with DR30/AC10

12th February 2020 Court date banned for 12 months

12th February 2021 Ban ends

Due to finances and losing my part time job due to COVID I waited a few months to reapply

The Process.

26th April Application send off

2nd July Medical letter arrives

19th July Medical

27th September DVLA letter informing me they are contacting my GP.

5th October LFT and filled out form with GP

8th October GP sends off medical questionnaire

6th November 1 year license issued.

Total time banned by the courts:52 weeks

Total time taken for DVLA to progress the application: 28 weeks.

Reactions: Lca
Hi all. Not sure anyone here can help except perhaps to compare situations.

My medical was April the 19th and I still don't have my licence. I've called the DVLA to get updates and they say that while they have my blood results, they're still waiting on my urine. And also that these insane lengths of delay are currently normal.

Sent off my application in April... 2020. There's been so many unnecessary delays by the DVLA (and also my GP) but there seems to be absolutely nothing I can do. Formally complained to the DVLA which resulted in them saying that they'd prioritise my case once the urine results come back. How do these results take over six months to come back?! It doesn't make any sense. Especially when seeing some of the more recent turnarounds on here.

FWIW, the DVLA already wrote to my GP last year, before the medical; this is hopefully the last step. I got my letter to book my medical almost a year ago. Madness.
The application has now offically lasted longer than the 18 month ban.

Some of us are in the same situation and there seems to be no consistency as to timescales though (overall) expect a good wait.
Some people's are quicker than others and all cases are different.
In my case I applied on March 10th and my GP returned his report to DVLA and this was received by the medical department on 10th August which is 13 weeks and 2 days do far.
I have had no word yet about even attending a medical.
Compared to me you have been lucky as I applied well before you and you have actually had word of a medical and actually attended one!.
EDIT - I misread your post, sorry.
I didn't realise you applied in 2020 and had actual medical on April.
I read it as applied in April. Sorry.
NileR.

Last edited:
Some of us are in the same situation and there seems to be no consistency as to timescales though (overall) expect a good wait.
Some people's are quicker than others and all cases are different.
In my case I applied on March 10th and my GP returned his report to DVLA and this was sent to the medical department on 10th August which is 13 weeks and 2 days do far.
I have had no word yet about even attending a medical.
Compared to me you have been lucky as I applied well before you and you have actually had word of a medical and actually attended one!.

No problem Nile; easily done! It shouldn't have lasted for two Aprils, not your fault. Thanks for the reply!
Hi no bother. Think the issue was in your other recent post you simply said you had applied in April...
All the best🙏

Hi all. Not sure anyone here can help except perhaps to compare situations.

My medical was April the 19th and I still don't have my licence. I've called the DVLA to get updates and they say that while they have my blood results, they're still waiting on my urine. And also that these insane lengths of delay are currently normal.

Sent off my application in April... 2020. There's been so many unnecessary delays by the DVLA (and also my GP) but there seems to be absolutely nothing I can do. Formally complained to the DVLA which resulted in them saying that they'd prioritise my case once the urine results come back. How do these results take over six months to come back?! It doesn't make any sense. Especially when seeing some of the more recent turnarounds on here.

FWIW, the DVLA already wrote to my GP last year, before the medical; this is hopefully the last step. I got my letter to book my medical almost a year ago. Madness.
The application has now offically lasted longer than the 18 month ban.
That is ridiculous!!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off